Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadians faces a new threat in Afghanistan...Weed Forests

10 foot Marijuana forests

"A couple of brown plants on the edges of some of those [forests] did catch on fire. But a section of soldiers that was downwind from that had some ill effects and decided that was probably not the right course of action," Hiller said dryly.

Perhaps they can get a special order airdropped, a few tons of Doritos to lure those Taliban out of the forests!!!

One soldier told him later: "Sir, three years ago before I joined the army, I never thought I'd say 'That damn marijuana'."

LMAO

Isn't it legal anyway in our cold neighbor to the north?
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Isn't it legal anyway in our cold neighbor to the north?
      Unfortunately no, it was going to be decriminalized (not legalized) by the previous government, but thats off the agenda now. One of the very few things I regret about the Conservative victory.
      Last edited by ZFBoxcar; 30 Oct 06,, 23:19.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar View Post
        Unfortunately no, it was going to be decriminalized (not legalized) by the previous government, but thats off the agenda now. One of the very few things I regret about the Conservative victory.
        Your kidding me right? Legalize weed?

What a moronic thing to say. The americans are already paranoid as hell about the borders. The US is very strict when it comes to drugs, compared to Canada, with a a legalized source of Weed just north of the border, the amount of americans going into canada to buy weed then try and sneak back would make the border crossings a mess, american security would be beefed up to compensate for the huge uprise in marijuana smuggling, ontop of the already beefed up security being planned.

This would cause havoc on the northern States and Provinces, as the slowdown at the crossings that this will create will be bad for business.

I do not want my country to become some drugstore, legal or illegal, for the americans. **** all the potheads, get a life why dont ya? Ot just move to Belgium and leave us people whose lives dont suck that we need need artificial joy, alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Canmoore View Post
          I do not want my country to become some drugstore, legal or illegal, for the americans. **** all the potheads, get a life why dont ya? Ot just move to Belgium and leave us people whose lives dont suck that we need need artificial joy, alone.
          This coming from a guy whos party is generally backed by big tobacco and pharmacutical companies. Yes **** all those med patients and researchers in our own country.

Comment

Your kidding me right? Legalize weed?

What a moronic thing to say.
            Back off. You make a valid point about border crossings with the US, but not one about the merits/demerits of weed.

I guess you better not ever have a beer cause otherwise your life sucks. Getting high is harmless, and smoking every once in a while doesn't make someone a pothead. There is no logical reason for weed to be illegal (assuming it didn't screw with the US border), it is not addictive, it has no permanent effects (beyond the effects of the smoke which is similar to cigarettes), and it doesn't cause dangerous behaviour. Cut the self-righteous crap, my life doesn't suck, but I don't have a stick up my ass keeping me from having a good time once in a while.

Comment

Ok ok, I wasnt in a great mood when I posted that, I got a bit out of line with that post, I apologize.

I really dont have anything against people who recreationally smoke weed, I have many successful friends who do.

What I am against are people who smoke dope and do nothing with there lives, its a real shame. I have had great friends who fell into drugs, and now they are nothing but pathetic losers living from paycheck to paycheck so they can fund there addiction to drugs.
              Last edited by Canmoore; 01 Nov 06,, 03:47.

Comment

Alright cool, and I apologize about the stick up the ass comment.

You're right, there are people who do little but use drugs and they are certainly screwed up. I'm just not sure we should criminalize people screwing up their own lives. There are points to be made about banning highly addictive drugs because they severely reduce the free will to stop using them, whereas something like weed is not highly addictive, and so a person has complete free will to stop anytime (plus you can't OD on weed, so "anytime" can be a much longer time period).

Comment

Originally posted by Canmoore View Post
                  10 foot Marijuana forests

"A couple of brown plants on the edges of some of those [forests] did catch on fire. But a section of soldiers that was downwind from that had some ill effects and decided that was probably not the right course of action," Hiller said dryly.

Perhaps they can get a special order airdropped, a few tons of Doritos to lure those Taliban out of the forests!!!

One soldier told him later: "Sir, three years ago before I joined the army, I never thought I'd say 'That damn marijuana'."

LMAO
                  This did not really bother Soviet troops in Afghanistan.... they had their own way how to deal with that :)

Comment

Working...
                  X