Best-trained asian militaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best-trained asian militaries

Lets pick the top three best-trained military forces in asia.

I"ll start off first.

1. South Korea. They trained with U.S. forces, are pretty tough, and the soldiers gained a serious reputation in vietnam.

2. Singapore. Trained with many other nations so they gained many military knowledge. I don't know of their combat experiance if any.

3. Japan. Trained with U.S. forces, but no combat experiance since ww2, and has no special ops. (except for the Special Assualt Teams but they're under the police).

I doubt, South Korea's any good. The news of US troops leaving the place, has hit em so hard, really makes you wonder on their confidence over their capabilities. Combat grounds are probably the best training scenarios and in that regard India and Pakistan take cake, they've been at it forever! And in rugged, harsh, icy cold and accident prone conditions.

India loses more men in Siachen to the harsh environment than it does to enemy fire. They have no direct access to Siachen, they deploy troops through air transports. They're holding ground in those harsh conditions. IAF pilots have a lot of flying hours on them.

Pakistani forces have received SWAT training. The PAF was formed by the training of USAF greats like Chuck Yeager. They're constantly engaged in action, on the east and on the west. of their borders. Military exercises are carried out often. They've got experience in Guerilla warfare. The SSG, is a special ops group within the Army.

Indo-Pak have experience from wars of 48, 65, 71, Kargil and the current close call, in 2001-2. Prior to the thawing of relations during 2004, the LoC has been a total warzone.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDragon
      Lets pick the top three best-trained military forces in asia.

I"ll start off first.

1. South Korea. They trained with U.S. forces, are pretty tough, and the soldiers gained a serious reputation in vietnam.

2. Singapore. Trained with many other nations so they gained many military knowledge. I don't know of their combat experiance if any.

3. Japan. Trained with U.S. forces, but no combat experiance since ww2, and has no special ops. (except for the Special Assualt Teams but they're under the police).
      Number one is Israel if you mean Asian.

If you are saying best trained forces in Asia then it would be the US and GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
        I doubt, South Korea's any good. The news of US troops leaving the place, has hit em so hard, really makes you wonder on their confidence over their capabilities.
        They've proven themselves. Also, many U.S. soldiers return from korea to tell of the ROK's fighting skills.

As for Israel, lets not include middle eastern nations. The orients don't consider them to be an asian nations. Besides, they have their own middle east section. This section is about: East, South, Southeast Asia military & security discussion.

Actually, I'll start a "best-trained middle east armies" in that section.

Comment

I have seen Chinese Military Police in training and can proudly say that these chaps are extreemely tough, i wonder how tough thier troops are?

Secondly Pakistani Troops are well trained and so i tend to go for them.

The Indian Punjab Rifles are very well trained so my third choice would be India.

As far as most combat efficent, that would have to be Japan, they are very well trained and equiped with advanced soft kevlar clothing tat protects the entire body, thier helmets exceed PASGAT standards and they get to fire the FN: MINIMI, Yummy weapon... Yep the Japanese are on my list but dont have a ranking because they lack combat experience and the fact that they are purely deffensive and cannot be used in offence.

Comment

I'm going with the USA once again.
            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

One cannot say which army is the best or worst.

Each army trains and equips based on their country's threat perception.

In so far as 'hands on' experience goes, I reckon India and Pakistan Armed Forces have the maximum experiece, not only for Asia, but also can be counted in the world scenario too. Further, their experience is vast . They are have engaged in wars repeatedly on all types of terrain - on the cold wastes in the highest of altitude, to the high mountains, then lower mountains, plains, riverine, desert and also the salt pan terrain. Indian Army also has experience in airborne assault as was displayed in Maldives where the govt asked for help against foreign guerillas who had taken over the island as also in Tangail in East Pakistan in 1971.

Notwithstanding, one could have done without all this since it was nothing but wind de la mort.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
              X