Pak. cricketers fail doping test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pak. cricketers fail doping test

Karachi: Pakistan pacers Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif have been recalled by the Pakistan Cricket Board and could miss out on the World Cup next year following their positive dope tests for nandrolone.

"Shoaib and Asif have tested positive after routine tests were carried out before the team's departure for India," PCB's Director Cricket Operations Saleem Altaf said.

"As soon as we got the reports we decided to ask for another tests on their urine samples. But in the meantime they have been suspended and will return home immediately," he said.

They were suspended immediately after the preliminary results conducted on their urine samples showed traces of nandrolone, an anabolic steroid. As per anti-doping rules, tests were conducted on their B samples for reconfirmation.

The B sample of Shoaib Akhtar, too, has reportedly tested positive.

The ICC rules provide for a ban up to two years from the sport. The World Cup is to be played in the West Indies in March-April 2007.

Australian leg spinner Shane Warne had missed out on the last World Cup after testing positive for a diuretic.

Even though Shoaib and Asif were not caught in tests coducted by ICC during any event, they are still liable to be punished, as both the ICC and PCB are signatories to the WADA anti-doping code.

Altaf said the WADA-accreditated laboratory in Kuala Lumpur only conveyed the results of the failed tests to the PCB on Sunday.
    its a shame and a disgrace for the game and the pak. team which was otherwise looking very good.

BREAKING NEWS: shoaib akhtar says......."main be-gunah hoon" "musharraf ke kehne pe chup hoon! "
    english- i am innocent........im quiet cuz musharraf asked me to be so!

lol

i mean musharraf butts into even the cricketing matters!!
    Gosh no one else has any say in pak. apparently.

Comment

source :
      www.ibnlive.com
      www.ndtv.com
      www.rediff.com

for those who didnt see the TV today

Comment

Originally posted by percentage_plyr View Post
        BREAKING NEWS: shoaib akhtar says......."main be-gunah hoon" "musharraf ke kehne pe chup hoon! "
        english- i am innocent........im quiet cuz musharraf asked me to be so!

lol

i mean musharraf butts into even the cricketing matters!!
        Gosh no one else has any say in pak. apparently.
        lol... ofcourse he's innocent... just like Mushy during Kargil...
        Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
        -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

I wouldn't like to miss Shoaib Akhter.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

its a shame and a disgrace for the game and the pak. team which was otherwise looking very good.
            Its a black day for Pakistani cricket, for the people and for the nation.

Comment

Charsi Chucktar finally got caught. :-\
              I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Darn! I like Shoiab

He's an great entertainer. Perhaps it could be all the medication he's been taking lately for all his health problems He is an effective bowler. However, no reason to despair Mohd. Sami is pretty good too - not as entertaining though.

I still am pretty sure that Pakistan will perform well, those guys are on fire.

Comment

if i were a pak. supporter i would worry more about asif mohammed than shoaib...........tht new guy was accurate,effective and relentless.

somehow......this all smells fishy....i mean an internal politics of pak. cricket.they've been trying to get rid of shoaib for long.

Comment

I can understand doping in weightlifting and atheletics - but why in cricket. Its one of the lazy games in the world of sports.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderous View Post
                      He's an great entertainer. Perhaps it could be all the medication he's been taking lately for all his health problems He is an effective bowler. However, no reason to despair Mohd. Sami is pretty good too - not as entertaining though.

I still am pretty sure that Pakistan will perform well, those guys are on fire.
                      He's just a wannabe. He tries to be macho like Afridi. He tries to be fast like Waqar Younis. All said and done, he's a guy who chucks, who's been called multiple times for ball tampering and who is now a proven charsi (you could make out he's on dope all along by just looking at his face).

His total lack of respect to the likes of Inzi and Wasim Akram have made me dislike him totally. Sledging against opponents is understandable but being a d!ck wins no support ffrom me.
                      I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

if i were a pak. supporter i would worry more about asif mohammed than shoaib...........tht new guy was accurate,effective and relentless.

somehow......this all smells fishy....i mean an internal politics of pak. cricket.they've been trying to get rid of shoaib for long.
                        Yep. Asif was a very talented cricketer, I hope he serves a short ban and makes a good return.
                        I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

I am sure Pakistan will still perform well in the matches.

It is most disheartening an affair, but then the game must go on.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

plyr we shudnt mock at them...
                            its really sad from a players point of view.
                            hope they dont suffer a lifetime ban or something.
                            i always wanted to see sachin-shoaib match...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                              I am sure Pakistan will still perform well in the matches.

It is most disheartening an affair, but then the game must go on.
                              Yep, wanna see Afridi in action. He is without a doubt one of the most entertaining cricketers ever. :)
                              I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X