Very Disturbing article about iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Disturbing article about iran

Iran's President Ahmadinejad speaking at the "World Without Zionism" conference where he spoke of wiping "Israel off the map."
    But in this photo you can only see a portion of the graphic. The rest of the graphic speaks a thousand words.

The Iranian government produced sophisticated visual props for this important speech, designed to send a message to the USA and the English speaking world. Those who produced this graphic were sophisticated enough to know that it would provide a great photo op.

What is the message they are trying to send?

Yes, that is the USA already at the bottom of the hourglass.

But notice that the USA is already broken in the bottom of the hourglass prior to the fall of Israel.

For some reason the world media has largely ignored his statements against the USA. In his speech he said:

We are in the process of an historical war between the World of Arrogance [i.e. the West] and the Islamic world, and this war has been going on for hundreds of years. ...

The issue of this [World without Zionism] conference is very valuable. In this very grave war, many people are trying to scatter grains of desperation and hopelessness regarding the struggle between the Islamic world and the front of the infidels ...

Is it possible for us to witness a world without America and Zionism? But you had best know that this slogan and this goal are attainable, and surely can be achieved...

So how would the Iranian regime achieve this?

You only need to listen to Ahmadinejad's chief strategic guru Hassan Abbassi, for the answer. Abbassi is the architect of the so-called "war preparation plan" currently under way in Iran. This is the same Hassan Abbassi who said:
    We have a strategy drawn up for the destruction of Anglo-Saxon civilization... we must make use of everything we have at hand to strike at this front by means of our suicide operations or by means of our missiles. There are 29 sensitive sites in the U.S. and in the West. We have already spied on these sites and we know how we are going to attack them.

Abbasi believes that when President Bush says that no option is off the table he is only playing chicken. According to respected Iranian analyst, Amir Taheri, Abbassi has said:

The Americans are not ready to send a million men (to defeat the Islamic Republic)," Abbasi said. "Even economic sanctions against the Islamic Republic will fail thanks to opposition from the Western public opinion and the refusal of most countries to implement (them). ...

But it is not only the US that Abbasi wants to take on and humiliate. He has described Britain as "the mother of all evils". In his lecture he claimed that the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, and the Gulf states were all "children of the same mother: the British Empire." As for France and Germany, they are "countries in terminal decline", according to Abbasi.

"Once we have defeated the Anglo-Saxons the rest will run for cover," he told his audience.
    So it appears that in the short term, the regime is hoping to start a limited war with the USA that it believes it can survive, since they don't believe that the West has the will nor the means to occupy Iran at this time. This will buy them time for their longer term strategic plans for the world. Why is no taking these threats seriously?

The vast majority of the people of Iran do not share his views and long for real democracy in Iran. How long will we wait to support the people of Iran in their struggle to free themselves from these dangerous mad men?

Update: Some people have alledged that the photos are fake. I found the photos on several news sites.

Here are the original links to these photos.

The hourglass poster was actually cropped from this photo:
    This is one that I did not use of Ahmadinejad in front of the graphic blown up behind him:
    Yahoo News published this photo of Ahmadinejad standing in front of the hourglass graphic, here. There were other Yahoo News photos but they have expired.
    I later provided these photos for use in a U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs: Subcommittee Hearings, see here.posted by DoctorZin @ 8:34 PMA Daily Briefing on Iran: Why Haven't We Seen This?
    Last edited by buisness man; 12 Oct 06,, 12:41. Reason: made mistake

Yep....nothing is still being done about the axis of evil is it.....that above just goes to show how much more evil the axis has become.

Like always....we will wait until it gets so damn bad before somebody decides to blame somebody else why it has gotten to this point.

Comment

I hope the peace activists are happy. The peace activists that have winged about the war in Iraq and Afghanistan have led to the Republicans having no power or not enough support to act against these regimes of tyranny. Hence, Iran will could possibly develop nuclear weapons. And it will happen in this way throughout the future. The peace activists do not realise that war brings justice. And peace activists are drastically affecting the modern world and the potential of powerful nations to destroy regimes of tyranny. I solely blame the Iran regime so far not being attacked on peace activists.

Although the day is coming closer, when Israel acts to defend itself.

Comment

Zionism Good - Islamism Bad

US wanting to destroy Iran, Good - Iran wanting destroy US, bad, very bad.

Peace activists, bad - War good - "Justice" delivered to more than 600,000 Iraqi - good or bad? Sane or insane??

Israel off the map, bad, very, very bad!! - Palestine off the map of the world???????????????? good, bad, who cares?

reap as you sow! Oops a religous reference, sorry, new secular gods - same bad attitude as the old God, though

Comment

Originally posted by tarek View Post

Peace activists, bad - War good - "Justice" delivered to more than 600,000 Iraqi - good or bad? Sane or insane??

Israel off the map, bad, very, very bad!! - Palestine off the map of the world???????????????? good, bad, who cares?

reap as you sow! Oops a religous reference, sorry, new secular gods - same bad attitude as the old God, though

Reap what you sow? Go **** yourself.

Edit/ Look at the photo you bloody fool, I'm sorry but we don't have our leaders stand up in front of the country and say hey, Iran is pissing us off so let's wipe them off the face of the Earth. They certainly will reap what they sow as you so eloquently put it.
          Last edited by Repatriated Canuck; 13 Oct 06,, 16:20.
          Originally posted by GVChamp
          College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Expat Canuck View Post
            Reap what you sow? Go **** yourself.

Edit/ Look at the photo you bloody fool, I'm sorry but we don't have our leaders stand up in front of the country and say hey, Iran is pissing us off so let's wipe them off the face of the Earth. They certainly will reap what they sow as you so eloquently put it.
            Hey, tone it down you two.

Comment

My apologies.
              Not to tarek but I will tone it down, a bit.
              Originally posted by GVChamp
              College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by tarek View Post
                ..."Justice" delivered to more than 600,000 Iraqi - good or bad? Sane or insane??
                This number is pure propaganda. You seem to be posting it on every thread. Do you know how it was derived?

The real number is somewhere between 43,000 and 49,000. A lot of death to be sure, but certainly not 600,000.

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

Incidentally, if you look at the database, you will see that the vast majority of civilian casualties in Iraq are caused by suicide bombers, roadside and car bombs, etc. IOW, the terrorists in Iraq that are hell bent on destabilizing the country and preventing rebuilding, are the ones doing the killing.

That is to say, it is Muslims killing Muslims
                "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                  Yep....nothing is still being done about the axis of evil is it.....that above just goes to show how much more evil the axis has become.

Like always....we will wait until it gets so damn bad before somebody decides to blame somebody else why it has gotten to this point.
                  Nothing done about the AoE, huh? Reduced by exactly one-third, but that counts as 'nothing' to you, then?

And the reason 'nothing has been done' about Iran is exactly as your precious Democrats would have it.

Comment

And let's not forget: the OTHER third of the AoE was actively ASSISTED by your party. We are where we are with the NoKos because of the fecklessness aqnd folly of the Democratic Party.

The ink wasn't even dry on the 'agreed farmework' before the DPRK started cheating your wonderful leadership blind - just like every other deal the Democrats have cornered America into.

You may want to re-think (no, wait...that's the wrong term; THINK, would fit better, here) your snide, sniffy drive-by mini-slap at this administration, as it's been the only one that's even tried to do something about US national security for almost a decade before them.

Comment

bluesman,

We are where we are with the NoKos because of the fecklessness aqnd folly of the Democratic Party.

The ink wasn't even dry on the 'agreed farmework' before the DPRK started cheating your wonderful leadership blind - just like every other deal the Democrats have cornered America into.

You may want to re-think (no, wait...that's the wrong term; THINK, would fit better, here) your snide, sniffy drive-by mini-slap at this administration, as it's been the only one that's even tried to do something about US national security for almost a decade before them.

there are only three solutions, after all: fight it out, negotiate, or agree to their demands.

and would you have fought, knowing that such a move would most likely ruin seoul (and most likely the economy of SK following re-unification) and our alliance with south korea, cost hundreds, if not thousands of lives?

not to mention the decidedly less-important political costs here at home, something that, while perhaps of lesser importance to a statesman, is of paramount importance to any politician.

again, i agree that it's not fair to be petty and pointlessly criticize the bush administration to score cheap political points. but that applies for the other side as well.
                      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Expat cannuck

You poor thing, I didn't realize a counter argument could bring about a break down --- If you have difficulty dealing with facts, maybe you should seek professional helf -- first, it's not a "photo", it's a political poster - All kinds of people from different places have any number of different points of view, whether they are right or wrong, or good or bad, is what we are trying to arriving at, but if you cannot respond to arguments in other than abusive language, you may consider professional help or you want to take a break - This board is not about, and is not going to be about "group think", I will ensure that:) So either get used to formulating persuasive arguments and exercising some measure of restraint or face the music.

Listen expat, things are changing for us, as a matter of fact they have changed a great deal, the sooner we wake up to that, the better off we will be - the political and geostrategic environment in the places we want to influence is very different that what they used to be --- and you getting angry and howling away at the moon, is not going to change that.

Iran will change when the Iranian citizenry effect change - next time you are disturbed by "Israel off the map", just remember,map making is the business of men, not God, and "Zionism" is just another idea that will be judged by men, not some manna from heaven.

Highseas

Certainly the number is controversial, and ofcourse it is just such an incredible number that all sides are certain to have a take on it - but lets recall that the numbers do not suggest that they are pointing to those killed in Civil war actions, rather the totality of armed action since the "liberation" of Iraq.

I see how confused and pained some are here, it's because you do not realize how things have changed for us -- the implications of assimilating those changes include changing some ideas and ofcourse that's easier said than done. But it's not like we have a real choice in the matter.

Comment

Tarek,

I don't see Israel holding "conferences" wanting to wipe out Iran from the map.

Oh well, and .. where was your f'ing Palestine when the turks and arabs ruled that land. You guys are just f'ing jealous "them bad jews" got land in the Middle East. You are abusing the Palestinian cause to forward your own greed.

And, it ain't fooling no-one.

-

Iraqi dead? I bet Iraqi Sunnis, Iraqi Shias, Saddam and Iran have killed more Iraqis than the Americans. So yeah, where the F was your love for Iraqis back then?

Expat cannuck

You poor thing, I didn't realize a counter argument could bring about a break down
                          Trolling is never a counter argument.

but if you cannot respond to arguments in other than abusive language, you may consider professional help or you want to take a break
                          Have you ever cared to see the language you've been posting in? 12 year old school children can form better sentences than what you've demostrated. Exhibit:

Originally posted by tarek

Happy 7th birthday!

Iran will change when the Iranian citizenry effect change - next time you are disturbed by "Israel off the map", just remember,map making is the business of men, not God, and "Zionism" is just another idea that will be judged by men, not some manna from heaven.
                          Exactly! And the noble persian people have to be liberated from their extremist Islamic theology. That will happen, in your own words, men will effect it.
                          I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

We hold all manner of conferences in which we contemplate changing the nature of the Iranian regime - perhaps they do not do so in India, but that is a smart idea.

You say "trooling" is not a counter argument - We can all agree with that, perhaps abusive language in which nothing other than frustration is expressed, is the way to go, it certainly persuaded you :) and That's a good thing.

"Have you ever cared to see the language you've been posting in? 12 year old school children can form better sentences than what you've demostrated"

Yes, I do care about the language I post in - And you may be absolutely right that 12 year old school children can form better sentences than I do - but I may be forgiven for thinking substance over form - in either case, the intent is not offend, but to inform, to promote debate - how would you say I do on that account? equally poorly?

Comment

but I may be forgiven for thinking substance over form
                              There wasn't a speck of substance in what you've said. If you bothered to read the rest of my post, you'ld have realized that. You dragged in the Palestine issue unnecessarily, I pointed out that the Muslim World for 1000 years has denied Palestinians their rights. You obviously ignored that. ;)

We hold all manner of conferences in which we contemplate changing the nature of the Iranian regime - perhaps they do not do so in India, but that is a smart idea.
                              And your point is? Lemme guess: "Israel must be wiped out" Right?

perhaps abusive language in which nothing other than frustration is expressed,
                              Depends. The F word can be used as an adjective, noun or even a verb. Was Canuck's post frustration. Prolly yes, but his frustration was with your denial, that frankly has gotten old. Nobody is gonna think any high of you if you go around claiming that U.S. and the West is the source of all evil and come up with ridiculous Israel, Palestine, Iraq references in order to justify Ahmedi Nutjob's anti jewish racist remarks.

And now don't deny it, that was the essence of your original "post".
                              I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X