M3A1 grease gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3A1 grease gun

i've heard about it everywhere from games to other sites but i have no idea what it is or looks like and was wondering what was it like? can anyone help me? :D
    two wrongs dont make a right but three wrongs do. ;D

join my games site

Here's a link that should help. http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/grease.htm
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees." - Emiliano Zapata

Comment

hey thanks for that link :D the gun its self looks cool but range seems to be a problem

join my games site

Comment

The grease gun has to be one of the single worst weapons ever issued to US troops.

When i was in our tankers still used them, so i got a chance to fire em on a few occasions.

Pure junk.

Comment

the gun its self looks cool but range seems to be a problem
          This is true of submachineguns in general. It's just firing .45 ACP after all. The 1911 pistol I carry every day shoots the same ammo, and doesn't weigh as much as an M-16. But my 1911 doesn't have a 30-rd magazine, isn't full-auto, and isn't as accurate at distance. You have to remember that when it was designed it was an alternative to the Thompson. It's much more compact and much more cheap to produce, being mostly stampings. I was trained on them as a tanker, but never used one much. I didn't really have a problem with them though.
          "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees." - Emiliano Zapata

Comment

figured as much looking at the stats

join my games site

Comment

Re: M3A1 grease gun

Originally posted by tomas
              i have no idea what it is or looks like
              It looks like a grease gun :)
              Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

and it remains an issue weapon even today
                Does anybody know what places this is reffering to?

Comment

It was an active duty issue weapon as recently as 1990, for sure.

Wouldn't surprise me if there're still some in service in the regular army, let alone the NG and USAR.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                    It was an active duty issue weapon as recently as 1990, for sure.

Wouldn't surprise me if there're still some in service in the regular army, let alone the NG and USAR.
                    wow, im surpised they havent been replaced by the HK MP5

Comment

I think they have two different purposes. Dunno about the grease gun, but I'm pretty sure the HK-MP5 is means as a CQB gun
                      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Re: Re: M3A1 grease gun

Originally posted by Stinger
                        It looks like a grease gun :)
                        lol thats really helpful

join my games site

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                          wow, im surpised they havent been replaced by the HK MP5
                          I just assumed HKMP5 cause its widely used by the US military (special forces mainly, its also issued to some aircrew)

Comment

When i was in there was a lot of talk of the DATs getting UZIs, but obviously that never happened.

Comment

The Philippine Marine Corps has begun to issue the M-3 to truck drivers for some extra protection (better then a M-1911 I guess).
                              To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Working...
                              X