Is this can be cooked in any way?

http://cop-players.com/cop-media/apache.mpeg
    http://homepage.mac.com/webmasterkai...h/iraqiwar.wmv

Re: Killing wounded? And cheering?

Originally posted by lurker
    Is this can be cooked in any way?

http://cop-players.com/cop-media/apache.mpeg
    http://homepage.mac.com/webmasterkai...h/iraqiwar.wmv
    I'll bite. Besides laughing about it I have no problems, but I wasn't the one the guy was shooting at seconds before, so I may have laughed too. They were there to fight, that makes them the enemy. Now, read your sig and tell me what you think is wrong.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Re: Re: Killing wounded? And cheering?

Originally posted by Confed999
      I'll bite. Besides laughing about it I have no problems, but I wasn't the one the guy was shooting at seconds before, so I may have laughed too. They were there to fight, that makes them the enemy.
      My thoughs were the same. The second funny thing about it that I found this on a Chechen site with not a friendly remarks.

So you might want to extend your list of enemies. :)

Now, read your sig and tell me what you think is wrong.
      Nothing. You tell me :)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Killing wounded? And cheering?

Originally posted by lurker
        My thoughs were the same. The second funny thing about it that I found this on a Chechen site with not a friendly remarks.

So you might want to extend your list of enemies. :)
        LOL, I figured I was taking bait there, sorry I was defensive. As to Chechens, anyone who takes hostages is my enemy.
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Killing wounded? And cheering?

Originally posted by Confed999
          LOL, I figured I was taking bait there, sorry I was defensive. As to Chechens, anyone who takes hostages is my enemy.
          Same here, any terrorist is my enemy

Comment

The second one was the clip featured in the pop video in another thread.

I am no expert on these things, and certainly soliders have pretended to be dead and wounded before in battle, and then turned out not to be. Equally we don't know what happened in the moments before the second clip.

However, you have to consider what exactly you are killing for. Colin Powell urged the end of GWI because he said that the US thrust into Iraq had become a massacre and was unchivalrous. I think in both of these instances you have men that are clearly not a military threat being killed.

But its easy to be critical when you are not getting shot at.
            at

Comment

The man was a threat. To stop being a threat, he needs to stop moving. While I found the laughing to be distasteful, I do not find the actions to be illegal nor unwarranted. I do not want any one of my people to approach people still moving after a combat action. I want them to be absolutely still to present no threat to any one of my people when they approach. If they move, they die.

Comment

It looks to me that in the apache video the gunner purposely shoots to miss the third wounded Iraqi who crawled behind the pickup dispite hic commander telling him to shoot the guy.
                Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

i thought that too, but he was also instructed to take the truck out and then the rolling soldier appeared and the sights moved from the truck to the guy who had just come out from under the burning truck.

Orders are orders, of course
                  at

Comment

Originally posted by smilingassassin
                    It looks to me that in the apache video the gunner purposely shoots to miss the third wounded Iraqi who crawled behind the pickup dispite hic commander telling him to shoot the guy.
                    No, he killed 2 guys, why would he feel sorry for the third one?
                    He fired at the truck to "add to the effect" because he probably likes to blow shit up from 500 meters with his fancy 30mm.

Comment

No, he was ordered to take out the truck. It is pretty clear on the soundtrack. But i don't think he actually did try to miss the third guy, i think you have to allow for the "aim lag" on switching targets etc.
                      at

Comment

The third guy was clearly wounded, and couldn't pose a threat if he wanted too. You could see where the guy was and he seemed to aim slightly away from him. I feel sorry for the first guy though definately......what a mess...
                        Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

The third guy was clearly wounded, and couldn't pose a threat if he wanted too. You could see where the guy was and he seemed to aim slightly away from him. I feel sorry for the first guy though definately......what a mess...
                          Not good enough. He needs to stop moving. Doesn't take much to set up a dead-man trigger.

Comment

The third guy was clearly wounded, and couldn't pose a threat if he wanted too
                            I couldn't tell what injuries were sustained.

Comment

Working...
                            X