• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chechen warlord dead

Chechen warlord dead, says Russia

By Sarah Rainsford
    BBC correspondent in Moscow

Ruslan Gelayev's death and capture have been reported before
    Russia's Federal Security Service, the FSB, says it has confirmed the death of Chechen rebel warlord Ruslan Gelayev.
    It has released footage of a body, saying the corpse has been identified as that of the rebel commander.

According to the spokesman, the rebel leader was shot dead by border guards in the mountains of Dagestan.

It is thought he was hiding out there, following heavy fighting in December.

Ruslan Gelayev has played a prominent role in both wars in Chechnya, leading a number of brutal raids against Russian forces.

He has long figured high on Moscow's wanted-list.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3525717.stm

p.s. one by one, this end awaits them all.

Could they have taken more obscure pics? How about a closeup to show the tell tale scar across his face?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
      Could they have taken more obscure pics? How about a closeup to show the tell tale scar across his face?
      Well, maybe it's a question of the BBC showing obscure pics.
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

RIP. The acronym can have many meanings. I would not like to mention, because I don't want to speak ill of the dead.

I sincerely hope he rests in Peace.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

this one?

Comment

That's the scar across his nose alright.

They appear to have added Gelayev to the list consisting of Khattab and Barayev.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
              RIP. The acronym can have many meanings. I would not like to mention, because I don't want to speak ill of the dead.
              Rest in pieces?

Surely, you would not wish Hitler to rest in peace, would you?
              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

when they are dead, they are dead...rest in pieces or peace will not make a difference!!

I guess world would be a better place now. They are dead, for that may be we can ask them to rest in peace!!

If Hitler didnt die he wouldve ended up in killing some more Germans and Russians and others!!
                A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                  I don't want to speak ill of the dead.
                  They're the only ones who really don't mind though.
                  Originally posted by Ironman
                  Surely, you would not wish Hitler to rest in peace, would you?
                  Yep, it's either that or zombie Hiltler! :ermm
                  No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                  I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                  even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                  He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999

Yep, it's either that or zombie Hiltler! :ermm
                    Zombie Hitler would be a good thing. As long as he's lurching towards you, and theres a good blunt object to obliterate that ass pounder's head with.

Comment

Zombie Hitler would be a good thing. As long as he's lurching towards you, and theres a good blunt object to obliterate that ass pounder's head with.
                      I'd catch it and sell it to the Enquirer!!! ;)
                      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I say let the dead rest in Peace. I have seen films where they resurrect. Rememnber the film Recarnation of Peter Proud? Very powerful. I don't believe in it, but who wants an idiot ghost around?:D

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                          I'd catch it and sell it to the Enquirer!!! ;)
                          Replace blunt object with a sharp object, then at least I'd be able to cut his arms & legs off. And he'd still be undead enough to sell to a tabloid.

Comment

An undead hitler would make for an excellent and reusable silhoutte target for all manner of firearms practice. :)

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                              An undead hitler would make for an excellent and reusable silhoutte target for all manner of firearms practice. :)
                              Possible spoiler to dawn of The Dead:

Somebody mentioned a scene where the people trapped inside the mall are on the roof and making a game out of sniping zombies that look like Celebrities. :dbanana

Comment

Working...
                              X