My Thoughts On News Bot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Thoughts On News Bot

Can I turn this off? I wish to see the new posts and there is News Bot, News Bot, News Bot.

Since we cannot reply to these, what is the point again? In order to have a discussion, someone will have to repost the article, thus clogging up all the internet space.

Maybe if all the News Bot posts stayed in the News Bot forum and did not show up in the new posts, it would not see so bad.

The Scissor Sisters get their 1st #1 hit...Well Woo Hoo! It's about time!! (rolling my eyes)

UPDATE: I want to add one more thing to my list of dislike....What about the people who can only log in once per day? News bot made 159 posts today - they are going to have hundreds of extra posts to sift through in the new posts list. HUNDREDS!!

*ugh*
    Last edited by THL; 10 Sep 06,, 21:10.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

I just gotta say again, that I really don't like this. Ok. Now I am done.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

TheNews Bot is a good thing.

It allows all to have a look at the latest around the world under one roof.

And you don't like!

No wonder the world thinks that the Americans are uneducated and cannot think beyond Coca Cola and Big Mac.

WAB is giving you a good opportunity to shake off the image.

Help yourself with the knowledge that WAB offers you and it is FREE!

And you guys love freebies, so grab it! :)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
        TheNews Bot is a good thing.

It allows all to have a look at the latest around the world under one roof.

No wonder the world thinks that the Americans are uneducated and cannot think beyond Coca Cola and Big Mac.

WAB is giving you a good opportunity to shake off the image.

Help yourself with the knowledge that WAB offers you and it is FREE!

And you guys love freebies, so grab it! :)
        the Scissor Sisters? Thats not news.

Comment

:)

I am done.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

TH - My apologies, I was wrong. I found where I can try and add this news freaky robot thing to my ignore list and I have done it. Maybe now everything will be ok.

UPDATE: Nevemind, it did not work. I guess he just WON'T be ignored. :( I give up.

Comment

I think you have a valid point about the new posts aspect but I don't agree with you at all about the overall introduction of the "Latest World News" section at all. I think Ray is spot on when he says it lets you get a quick snap shot of the latest news from various media outlets all under one roof.

Personally I think it is a great new feature but as with all new things there will be a few items we need to address. The "New Posts" aspect is one of those. I will see what we can do.

Comment

I can see if this feature was out there for us to visit at our leisure, but to have it pushed down our throats is a bit much, I feel. Plus the news being there, but us not being able to use the post that News Bot creates to respond to is not very beneficial.

I am not understanding why it was felt this was needed - was there a lack of topics and discussions on the WAB before?

Comment

I don't think we are pushing it down your throat at all. If you don't want to read the posts in that section then don't... :)

As I say, the issue related to posts from that section showing up in the "New Posts" area is something we will need to look at that. That is a bug we did not anticipate. Once we resolve that you wont see any posts from that section under the "New Posts" area.

I think Ray pointed out above the huge benefits this feature will have. It is not designed to create additional discussion within that area. It is simply there to allow you to pull together all of the latest news from various outlets and if you happen to wish to discuss any of those topics then you can start a thread as per normal in the relevant section. It is a handy feature but nobody is forcing you to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal View Post
                    I give up.
                    So soon?

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    As I say, the issue related to posts from that section showing up in the "New Posts" area is something we will need to look at that. That is a bug we did not anticipate. Once we resolve that you wont see any posts from that section under the "New Posts" area.
                    I think that's the only potential problem with it, and that can probably be fixed.
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Chris --

When I click "New Posts" there is NO news bot listings. Which is fine by me....I don't want it changed.

You may want to see why I don't have news bot posts (my settings) in my New Post listings to find out THL's problem.

As to the News Bot Thread -- I look forward to reading them. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                        Personally I think it is a great new feature but as with all new things there will be a few items we need to address. The "New Posts" aspect is one of those. I will see what we can do.

Agreed. I think it's great but would like it out of the "new posts". thanks Chris
                        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka View Post
                          Agreed. I think it's great but would like it out of the "new posts". thanks Chris
                          And I would be fine with that (not that it matters if I am "fine with the bot or not :) ) cause then I could continue to get my news from a news website and come here to a discussion website to discuss it.

Comment

If you click "New Posts" up the top it will now exclude feeds from the "Latest World News" section.

Comment

On ya Chris!:)
                              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                              X