RAW made attempt on my life in Lanka: Pak envoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAW made attempt on my life in Lanka: Pak envoy

Sunday, September 03, 2006 E-Mail this article to a friend Printer Friendly Version

RAW made attempt on my life in Lanka: Pak envoy

Daily Times Monitor

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s High Commissioner to Sri Lanka Col (r) Bashir Wali Mohammad has accused India’s external intelligence agency - the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) - of having masterminded the attempt on his life in Colombo a few weeks ago, The Asian Age reports.

The Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) were initially suspected to be behind the bomb attack in the Sri Lankan capital in mid-August in which the Pakistani diplomat had a narrow escape. But Col Wali, who returned here from Sri Lanka a week ago, said that RAW had been behind the attack. He accused RAW of “starting a proxy war in a third country”.

The attack took place in the heart of Colombo on August 14 when Col Wali was on his way to attend a function.

Col Wali noted that the LTTE had denied media reports about its involvement in the attack.

Talking to reporters at his residence here, Col Wali alleged that the Indian government had been upset at his appointment and claimed that RAW had “begun its dirty games” against him even before his reaching Colombo in June 2004.

He alleged that the Indian government had been “further disturbed” as Pakistan-Sri Lanka relations “touched new heights” during his two-year stint. Col Wali denied that Pakistan’s plans to ship new weapons and ammunition to Sri Lanka to battle the Tamil rebels had triggered the assassination attempt on him. He said he was travelling along with his wife and daughter when the powerful blast took place.
    http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...3-9-2006_pg7_2
    What an ego maniac and a self publicist.

If the RAW wanted to knock him down and he was doing such a fabulous job qwhy should they want to knock his block off when he is leaving having finished his "good work". As it is, because he was leaving, he was becoming a non essential in Sri Lanka.

What humbug men can spin!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Sir,
    Maybe he has been asked to spin that yarn. Its good for turning national sentiment against a perpetual enemy.

But his successor will be $hitting bricks during his 2 year tenure, he is former PAF and is reportedly actively advising the SLAF. The LTTE is not going to be too pleased with that.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

yes, the Pakistanis I hear are actively involved with the Sri Lankan airforce... just wait till the LTTE hear about this... we'll let them learn the hard way...
      Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
      -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

I like that phrase $hitting bricks.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
          I like that phrase $hitting bricks.
          A nice phrase to amplify the subject's predicament.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Col Wali denied that Pakistan’s plans to ship new weapons and ammunition to Sri Lanka to battle the Tamil rebels had triggered the assassination attempt on him.
            thats obviously the reason he was targeted. the LTTE is not gonna be happy with the pakistani involvement, and i pity any pakistani envoy/diplomat during his stint in sl.

also, there were reports of isi involvement in the eastern provice in srilanka and its said thats why the LTTE arrested about 100 muslims and evicted the rest from their villages. strangly, the LTTE have no love for the muslims.
            Last edited by starsiege; 06 Sep 06,, 05:56.

Comment

Originally posted by starsiege
              also, there were reports of isi involvement in the eastern provice in srilanka and its said thats why the LTTE arrested about 100 muslims and eicted the rest from their villages. strangly, the LTTE have no love for the muslims.
              You are correct, the ISI was/ is trying to institute a kind of jihad amongst the Sri Lankan muslims. I hope the Sri Lankan politicians foresee the kind of crap being induced into their nation by the ISI.

Two points:
              - The island already is a couldron of violence, and the jihadi angle will only instigate the complete massacre of the muslims in Sri Lanka's north. The Sri Lankan muslims have tasted enough of LTTE brutality to be stupid enough to be fooled by the ISI.

- If the muslim jihadi angle takes shape under tutilage of athe ISI/ Jamat-i-Islami then I believe that India will covertly assist the LTTE (which is begging for Indian goodwill, after the recent regret and apology for Rajiv Gandhi's death) to wipe out this threat, and this may even roll back the recent gains of the Sri Lankan army.

The short term gains for weapons needed by the SLA should not make the Sri Lankan leaders myopic in the future consequences of siding with anyone detrimental to India's ineterst. Their cold war policies resulted in the present Tamil Eelam imbroglio and India has tried to set it right by the IPKF ops, and now stays away from any interference. ANY islamic jihadi angle will put Sri Lanka on the wrong side of the fence, since the jihadis will predominently act against Southern Indian states.
              Last edited by lemontree; 06 Sep 06,, 07:07.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
                You are correct, the ISI was/ is trying to institute a kind of jihad amongst the Sri Lankan muslims. I hope the Sri Lankan politicians foresee the kind of crap being induced into their nation by the ISI.

Tow points:
                - The island already is a couldron of violence, and the jihadi angle will only instigate the complete massacre of the muslims in Sri Lanka's north. The Sri Lankan muslims have tasted enough of LTTE brutality to be stupid enough to be fooled by the ISI.

- If the muslim jihadi angle takes shape under tutilage of athe ISI/ Jamat-i-Islami then I believe that India will covertly assist the LTTE (which is begging for Indian goodwill, after the recent regret and apology for Rajiv Gandhi's death) to wipe out this threat, and this may even roll back the recent gains of the Sri Lankan army.

The short term gains for weapons needed by the SLA should not make the Sri Lankan leaders myopic in the future consequences of siding with anyone detrimental to India's ineterst. Their cold war policies resulted in the present Tamil Eelam imbroglio and India has tried to set it right by the IPKF ops, and now stays away from any interference. ANY islamic jihadi angle will put Sri Lanka on the wrong side of the fence, since the jihadis will predominently act against Southern Indian states.
                guess what! the srilankan president was talking about creating an "all muslim" army regiment in the east!! what an *******!! the moment its created,from it will be acting as a seperate force, with tis own islamist agenda.! the stupidy of the srilankan gov is beyong belief!

the sl armed forces are almost all sinhala, with some muslims , now with this muslims element, it would be a force without any tamil participation, hence adding more fuel to the fire.

if this regiment is created, then obviously the LTTE will try to vipe it out, as it had done with many other armed groups in the past. the srilankan muslims would be caught in the crossfire.

Comment

Working...
                X