Is there an upgraded version of this board software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an upgraded version of this board software

I noticed that this board has been under the attack of bots lately.

That's not good news.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Apparently it's something of an epidemic with a lot of boards.

I believe that an upgrade is possibly in the works for the WAB, though I can't swear to it.

The good news is, we've been able to whack the majority of the bots before they can post. :)

If you happen to see a brand new member with zero posts that was banned the same day they registered, you can bet that was a spam bot that was caught in the act.

The ones that slip through have usually registered and posted their garbage in the wee hours of the North American morning. They usually get nailed and their threads trashed by lunchtime.

In the meantime, if you see a spam thread, do please report it and it'll be gone really quick. :)
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Yeah, like the one who posted sites portraying beastial sex.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
          Apparently it's something of an epidemic with a lot of boards.

I believe that an upgrade is possibly in the works for the WAB, though I can't swear to it.

The good news is, we've been able to whack the majority of the bots before they can post. :)

If you happen to see a brand new member with zero posts that was banned the same day they registered, you can bet that was a spam bot that was caught in the act.
          Yeah...I'm having the same problem at PFF.
          We also use VB.

Comment

I think it is one common software used by almost all the boards. The template has been provided by Invision/phpbb2.
            If at first you don't succeed, call it v1.0!

Comment

Neo,

You are having some problem at PFF?

PDF has none.

They are all bots! :)

Mods delete this, but I could not help myself.

Try PFF. It is a saner model of Pakistan.

It is controlled by émigrés.

Calm, cool and balanced.
              Last edited by Ray; 25 Aug 06,, 20:33.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                Yeah, like the one who posted sites portraying beastial sex.
                OMG...I read that one and reported it. It was gone in an instant.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
                  OMG...I read that one and reported it. It was gone in an instant.
                  I should post a list of the clowns that got whacked without making a single post, you'd be shocked at the sheer volume.
                  You'll recall that we used to get around 2-3 a month, tops. It's something like 2-3 per day now.
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I noticed something odd about the browser on my laptop lately on this site. It would mysteriously close or report a critical error and then close. This has never happened before on this machine nor does it happen on my other computers. Has there been any changes in the board script/software that could cause something like this to happen?

edit: reloaded an image from 3 years ago and now my laptop is just fine browsing this site. Nothing was even updated. No patches; no updates; old drivers.... Go figure... I suppose it's time for a clean up. Junk tends to pile up in my computer...and my room.
                    Last edited by gunnut; 03 Sep 06,, 23:31.
                    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                    X