THL in Komodo Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THL in Komodo Heaven

The day I have been waiting for has come.

I took the youngster to see the exhibit at our John G Shedd Aquarium called Lizards and the Komodo King. "Faust" is on loan from Texas and he is everything I thought he would be...no, definitely more. :) Seriously, this was an absolute high point in my life. I was excited to go and in awe when I got there. The little one thought he was almost as cool as I thought he was, but she was content to spend about 45 minutes with me outside his exclosure just watching and gasping at his every breath.

This has got to be one of the most incredible creatures I have EVER had the honor of seeing in person and I am sure would only be topped if I were to see one without a glass partition.
    Attached Files
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

and some other pictures from the aquarium. not komodos - but they'll do. ;)
    Attached Files
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Whoa, thats one big lizzy my house dog wouldn't be chasing.........Noah would be running away

Comment

The last of the dragons sigh. Excellent pics THL :)
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
          This has got to be one of the most incredible creatures I have EVER had the honor of seeing in person and I am sure would only be topped if I were to see one without a glass partition.
          Those are some really great pictures :)

I'm glad that you and your little mini-clone had a good time.

I can't wait to take her around the U-505, I'm sure she'll have a few questions

Say, didn't you have pictures of some cars and trucks too? ;)
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
            I can't wait to take her around the U-505, I'm sure she'll have a few questions
            Finally!!

I will get a day off from answering countless questions about every topic under the sun, and then some that aren't

Originally posted by TH
            Say, didn't you have pictures of some cars and trucks too? ;)
            Another thread :)

Comment

Working...
            X