X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think about this baby?

This one is my favorite concept. Versus makes planes too
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Versus; 11 Jul 06,, 00:13.

Looks like a modernized F-104, one of the outstanding planes from the legendary Kelly Johnson. It would be cool if someone can translate your concept into a demonstrator.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Reminds me of a F-16 with F-4 wings. Maybe that's just me...

Comment

F-104 was good??? I heard it really sucked at manuverability as low speeds...
        Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
        -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Oh, it was extremely manouverable. Controlled manouverability, however, is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
            Oh, it was extremely manouverable. Controlled manouverability, however, is another matter.
            One of the best comebacks I ever heard! LOL!!!

Comment

I hear Italian pilots call it the 'widow maker'.

Comment

and some more pics
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic
                  F-104 was good??? I heard it really sucked at manuverability as low speeds...
                  Well, it was an outstanding interceptor. It was designed to fly as fast as possible, as far as possible, launch missiles and then dash back. At this, it was one of the best aircraft ever designed.

Comment

Originally posted by jgetti
                    Well, it was an outstanding interceptor. It was designed to fly as fast as possible, as far as possible, launch missiles and then dash back. At this, it was one of the best aircraft ever designed.
                    It actually had short-range compared to other fighters of the time.

Comment

It was really a point-defense interceptor. But as such, it was one of the best ever.
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

The manned missile good? Hmmm... well, i did see some video of an extremely low flying F104. The pilot had a death wish.

Comment

LOL, I just figured out the proper orientation on that first pic.
                          I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Canadian CF-104s were tasked with dropping nukes on Soviet tank columns ... and I remembered one time we trained CAS with them ... we didn't know they carried only nukes and they didn't know why we're crazy enough to direct them onto a target.

Comment

Canadian CF-104s were tasked with dropping nukes on Soviet tank columns ... and I remembered one time we trained CAS with them ... we didn't know they carried only nukes and they didn't know why we're crazy enough to direct them onto a target.
                              Gotta love it.
                              I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X