Is there life after death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there life after death?

I believe there is life after death. I believe that that life will be an eternal one. I believe that, because God has shown Himself true to me through His Son, Jesus Christ. God is indeed real. How can so many people be duped? Think about it. Jesus Christ was a real person that walked this planet Earth. That is historical fact. His ministry lasted all of 3 years. Imagine, one man, 3 years, and the entire world changes the way it marks time. Imagine people being burned at the stake, and going willingly, because they knew that this Jesus fellow was really real in their life, and real in the lives of their fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Imagine being spoken about by people who lived over 700 years before you were born, who prophesied about the place of your birth, to whom, how you were going to die. And even what you would look like before and after the way you were to die. Jesus Christ is alive, and He lives today, to grant anyone who desires to be forgiven of their sins, and to experience a life that is truely free, by simply trusting in Him.
    Last edited by Ilovelife; 08 Jul 06,, 05:32.

I believe in that too, and I have experienced it in a couple of ways.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Hi! Welcome aboard.

Scientifically, this phenomenon of life after death has not been proved.

But there are several things, to which science does not have an answer.

There are so many things, which only faith can explain.

This is just one of them, i guess.
      Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

Welcome.

A good question.

I don't know the answer frankly.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I know that's true, lemontree, I know many people who've clinically died and were brought by to life by medical personnel.

Some of them were athiests and agnostics, too, before this happened. I'm not sure exactly what the afterlife entails, but I am sure it exists.
          "Prozac Nation moves along at the speed of a Norwegian glacier, yet it provides the observer with nowhere near the pleasure."

Comment

I don't know, but let me welcome you aboard WAB in this life! :)

Comment

Welcome onboard

Good question but I frankly don't have the answer

'Once you are dead, you're dead. You're worm food' - Joey Quote
              If at first you don't succeed, call it v1.0!

Comment

I believe in everything you said.

There MUST be a life after death; I couldn't deal with nothingness. ;)
                "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Welcome.
                  Meat cutting classification NAMP 1174; the porterhouse is NAMP 1173.

Comment

Karma, rebirth...New life after death. :)
                    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

The only life after death I think I'll know of are the tiny little microbes multiplying as they feed on our fingers and toes deep inside the coffin

Comment

I sincerely hope not. Imagine having to spend eternity with all the people you've met in your life
                        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovelife
                          Long answer "yes", short answer "no"...
                          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Life after death?

Yes, I believe there is life after death. Some other life, not this one. The life we are living now on this earth ends at death. Fini
                            Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                            (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Maybe. But then you gotta be sure of what death means? If deaths not end of life then what is it?

Everything that begins is likely to end in time. If we were gonna live even after dying, then why die in the first place?

Its natures rule of opposites, day and night, light and dark, birth and death.

You can continue living in this world after death tho. Just like Jesus. If you knwo what I mean. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X