Navy Pier, Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy Pier, Chicago

Took the small room mate downtown today with a friend and my friend's kids. We went out to Navy Pier and got to see some very nice boats. Thought I'd share...
    Attached Files
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

and some more....
    Attached Files
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Lovely, did the whole jingbang worry you for a boat ride? :)

Comment

Nice stuff! Thanks THL! :)
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I've been in one of those sail boats, I think the ride lasts about 2:45, they take you inside THE lake for a round and then bring you back.

There are much nicer boats with eateries inside but are darn expensive
          A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

THL,

I can say with great sincerity that these pictures would be greatly enhanced if you would allow yourself to be snapped as part of the pictures, preferably in a bikini.

It would only help people appreciate.. ahem... the natural beauty of such surroundings.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Drunk
              Lovely, did the whole jingbang worry you for a boat ride? :)
              Those particular boats are all privately owned. They have others that sail around the lake for lunch cruises and the like.

Originally posted by Blademaster
              THL,

I can say with great sincerity that these pictures would be greatly enhanced if you would allow yourself to be snapped as part of the pictures, preferably in a bikini.

It would only help people appreciate.. ahem... the natural beauty of such surroundings.
              I did end up in one of the pictures actually...just not one that was posted. It also happens to be one of only 3 taken of me in the last year. The other two were destroyed in freak "accidents".

So I can say with certainty that my presence in the photo on Lake Michigan did nothing for the scenery of the lake and view I love so much. :)

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                Those particular boats are all privately owned. They have others that sail around the lake for lunch cruises and the like.

I did end up in one of the pictures actually...just not one that was posted. It also happens to be one of only 3 taken of me in the last year. The other two were destroyed in freak "accidents".

So I can say with certainty that my presence in the photo on Lake Michigan did nothing for the scenery of the lake and view I love so much. :)
                Nice four-master! :)
                Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Working...
                X