School expulsion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School expulsion

Should a student that is being considered for expulsion receive a trial by a jury of his school peers before he is expelled from his [public] school?

What level of school? If you're talking high school or grammar school then I'd say no.

Comment

Originally posted by Wooglin
      What level of school? If you're talking high school or grammar school then I'd say no.
      But why not? This is a person's future that we're talking about, and issues of expulsion are not always that well founded. A friend of mine was the target of expulsion attempts by my school's administration for excessive absence.

Comment

So he skipped school?
        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Because they're not adults, and do not have the same rights as adults.

Comment

Originally posted by troung
            So he skipped school?
            No. He was just absent.

Comment

Because they're not adults, and do not have the same rights as adults.
              inherent, deserving or legal?

Comment

Legal.

He has a right to an education and therefore the school must have good grounds to expel him. If he feels they don't have a good case then I'd suggest his parents get involved and possibly consult an attorney.

Comment

Legal.

He has a right to an education and therefore the school must have good grounds to expel him. If he feels they don't have a good case then I'd suggest his parents get involved and possibly consult an attorney.
                  Well why should a school's administration be the end all and be all? If it's because of a fight or something like that, 99% of the time there are mitigating circumstances that administrators don't know about, or just altogether disreguard because they don't want the hassle. Often times, students know more about situations like this than the school does.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis
                    Well why should a school's administration be the end all and be all? If it's because of a fight or something like that, 99% of the time there are mitigating circumstances that administrators don't know about, or just altogether disreguard because they don't want the hassle. Often times, students know more about situations like this than the school does.

While I'm sure you're mature enough to sit and judge a case like this objectively, do you feel that in general most teenagers are? I wonder about many adults myself, nevermind teenage juries, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

As for the administration, that's what they are paid to do, but they are not the end all be all. They ultimately need to answer to the parents, and, if necessary, the courts.

Comment

Should a student that is being considered for expulsion receive a trial by a jury of his school peers before he is expelled from his [public] school?
                      I would say yes from personal experience. I was not that bad, they provoked me.lol
                      Last edited by T-bone; 26 May 06,, 22:44.
                      Meat cutting classification NAMP 1174; the porterhouse is NAMP 1173.

Comment

Um, no.

His peers opinions are everybit as irrelevant as his own.

Comment

But why not? This is a person's future that we're talking about, and issues of expulsion are not always that well founded. A friend of mine was the target of expulsion attempts by my school's administration for excessive absence.
                          No one gives a living shiit if you were expelled in school- cept maybe a security clearance gov't job, and probably then if it was for some offense that led them to believe you were incapable of keeping secrets or being trusted.

I got booted from 2 high schools(lol, oh boy was i a problem child) and i still managed to get a "secret" clearance when i was in the army.

Jobs don't care about your grades either. At all. Only that you have a degree, and even then, RARELY is it even verified at all.

I know a few people who simply photocopied buddies college diplomas, changed the name/dates, and are now making good money in degree only job fields. Considering that they now make college money without having been programmed by the university leftist elitists or being absolutely financially RAPED by a 'higher learning' institution, i'd say they're way ahead of the game.

Worse thing that will ever happen to them if they get caught? They lose their job....leave that job off their reference, and go fraudulently apply somewhere else.

LOL.

If i wasn't so honest i'd do it myself.
                          Last edited by Bill; 26 May 06,, 22:52.

Comment

Legal.

He has no right to an education.

No one does.

Where the HELL do all these manufactured 'rights' come from? Is there a rights factory somewhere?

LOL... ;)

Comment

So why not let neighbors pass judgement on neighbors instead of courts?

Hmmmm.....because it's stupid? ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X