Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Army vs. Lichtenstein

US Army by a landslide!
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Hmm, I see two problems for the US army.

Finding Liechstenstein, and fitting inside it.
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

I believe Lichtenstein has a superior guerilla force.
      A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by highsea
        Hmm, I see two problems for the US army.

Finding Liechstenstein, and fitting inside it.
        Not to mention learning to speak Liechstensteinese
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I think this campaign would probably start off with a "shock and awe" phase, in which two F-16s (one to actually hit the tagets, one to keep an eye out so they don't collide with any French Navy fighters that have gotten lost) take out the radio and TV stations, followed by a massive air insertion of a Montana National Guard mess platoon and 100 unarmed US Coast Guardsmen to pacify any remaining resistance on the ground. An allied force contingent of 500 British soccer hooligans would be present (although casualties sustained from friendly fire would make them combat ineffective soon after commencing operations) as well as 2 Australian SAS operatives who would promptly rack up a 500 to 1 kill ratio (even after fighting ceases) and 1 soldier from the Peacekeeping battalion of the Kazakhstan Army who would wander around asking "where the hell am I and why the hell am I here?"

The operation would cost a total of $80 billion, and Donald Rumsfield would quickly proclaim it to be an example of his 'lean war' concept in action against a determined and ruthless foe.

Comment

Originally posted by shek
            US Army by a landslide!
            meh....Lichtenstein for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
              I believe Lichtenstein has a superior guerilla force.
              LOL!!! So what it's small, we're talking army vs army here not guerilla warfare. The US army will crush them with all the M1A1's/M1A2's,N LOS cannons, MLRS,Strykers,etc etc etc. It's not even worth the US army's time.

Comment

LOL!!! So what it's small, we're talking army vs army here not guerilla warfare. The US army will crush them with all the M1A1's/M1A2's,N LOS cannons, MLRS,Strykers,etc etc etc. It's not even worth the US army's time.
                but lichtenstein has the superior Butter launchers, vanilla mines, flour rifles...all in all a superior butter cookie force.

forget "china threat", we need to talk about bombing lichtenstein with our butter cookies now. before it's too late. after all...quantity is a quality of its own.
                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

I've already sent the Pentagon the plan. We'll air drop some cattle with mad cow disease into Licthenstein, and once their herds are decimated and unable to produce milk, the butter cookies will be rendered harmless through the lack of milk to dip them in. Pure genius
                  "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

What if they import cheap milk from Iran or China or Russia?
                    A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                      What if they import cheap milk from Iran or China or Russia?
                      Blockade! Besides, milkmen are easy spot in their all white uniforms and white bowties and are certainly no match for .50 cal rounds. However, eliminating all the milkmen may not make the womenfolk with working husbands too happy.

Comment

Of course, if you invade Lichtenstein, you'll probably have to face their good buddies, the Swiss and Austrians, and if you want to talk about a guerilla force, man, those Swiss scare me. 600,000 militiamen on skis. Let's stick to bombing little places in the Balkans with no vowels in their name.
                        I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by shek
                          I've already sent the Pentagon the plan. We'll air drop some cattle with mad cow disease into Licthenstein, and once their herds are decimated and unable to produce milk, the butter cookies will be rendered harmless through the lack of milk to dip them in. Pure genius
                          Excellent idea!!!!

Comment

Where is the Liechtstien

Americans would drive past the place in 2minutes then stop and ask for direction in Germany once they get to find the place those cookies will be well armed to defeat the mighty Armored thrust that they are so good at gee they might even have a mini Vietnam for about 5minutes :) :)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral
                              Of course, if you invade Lichtenstein, you'll probably have to face their good buddies, the Swiss and Austrians, and if you want to talk about a guerilla force, man, those Swiss scare me. 600,000 militiamen on skis. Let's stick to bombing little places in the Balkans with no vowels in their name.
                              Meh, by the time any of them get there the US Military would already have destroyed everything they were trying to defend and moved on to the next target. I don't rate a citizen's militia in this day and age unless their job is to hold off the enemy and tie them down long enough for a real army to come and drive them out, and in Switzerland's case, that army is nobody.

Comment

Working...
                              X