Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I thought UP was bad.. Parliamentary Sec beats up Joint Sec

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/parliame...ec/9495-2.html

Islamabad: A Parliamentary Secretary thrashed a senior Finance Ministry official in Islamabad on Thursday after an argument.

Official sources said, Iftikhar Malik, a Joint Secretary at the Finance Ministry, was beaten up by Khawaja Shiraz Mehmood, the Parliamentary Secretary for Finance, at the latter’s office.

The fisticuff took place when Malik arrived 10 minutes late for a meeting with Mehmood. An angry Mehmood first abused Malik and then slapped and punched him.

Malik reasoned he was late because he was busy at his office.

He also accused Mehmood of using offensive language.

He said that when he tried to leave Mehmood’s office in protest, visitors at his office manhandled him.

He said Mehmood also joined them and slapped him again.

Senior officials at the Finance Ministry held a meeting after the incident and decided to go on strike.

The officials informed Finance Secretary Tanvir Ali Aga about the incident and demanded an apology from Mehmood.

Aga telephoned Javed Sadiq Malik, the principal secretary to Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz, and asked him to resolve the issue.

Mehmood was reprimanded by officials at the Prime Minister's House and told to apologise to Malik.

---------

Both India and Pakistan have to take notice. We both have goons in positions of power.

In India if not the Centre, definitely in the state/regional level the quality of politicians is bad!
    I rant, therefore I am.

FIGHT CLUB: And we thought Indian politicians were the only ones, as seen here in Orissa Assembly.

I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

This crap happens in Parliaments world over, problem is that hardly anything is done.

A reprimand for beating up a government official? Aziz's guys should have done more.

Comment

Action must be taken against the guy who thrashed the official.

Can't take law into one's own hands.

If this happened in India, I am sure that the same wimpish action, as taken in Pakistan, would have been taken by the Indians too. More so in states like UP!

The official should take the other guy to court for assault and battery or whatever it is called. Maybe Sparten can state what would be the sections applicable!

Administrative action should have been taken against the official for coming late and not be given a thrashing!
        Last edited by Ray; 05 May 06,, 09:06.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Asim the sad part is, it doesn't happen everywhere. It just happens in our part of the world. Sure I'm comparing India/Pakistan with the civilized west, and not West Asia, South East Asia or Africa.

You're a journalist, you should latch onto this and not let it go till something concrete happens. The media here would have done so.
          I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
            Action must be taken against the guy who thrashed the official.

Can't take law into one's own hands.

If this happened in India, I am sure that the same wimpish action, as taken in Pakistan, would have been taken by the Indians too. More so in states like UP!

The official should take the other guy to court for assault and battery or whatever it is called. Maybe Sparten can state what would be the sections applicable!

Administrative action should have been taken against the official for coming late and not be given a thrashing!
            Sir, I'm reminded of U.P., Bihar and Orrisa myself. :(
            I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Working...
            X