X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross-country mobility of the Stryker

Check out the video.

http://www.murdoconline.net/archives/003612.html
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Originally posted by shek
    LOL, there is NOTHING(legal) that's more fun than off-roading in an armored vehicle to kill the boredom.

We had a jeep at our Bn Motor pool that was not assigned to anyone, and we ALL used to take turns running it out on the tank trails on our days off or spare time. I SWEAR that vehicle was flipped at least 20x in my presence on different occasions. The day the 1sgt flipped it was the greatest cause he'd just ribbed one of the young Buck Sgts for doing the same thing. So he hops in to "Show y'all how it's done", the rest is history... :)

Comment

Watching that video made me cringe a bit, as I could imagine myself in front of DA MAN! explaining how I didn't know that my guys were doing this and how they trashed a multi-million dollar vehicle.
      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Watching that video made me cringe a bit, as I could imagine myself in front of DA MAN! explaining how I didn't know that my guys were doing this and how they trashed a multi-million dollar vehicle.
        That was the great thing about jeeps and 113s.

No one really cared about the old gurls.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
          That was the great thing about jeeps and 113s.

No one really cared about the old gurls.
          Hardly a selling point when making a decision brief to the boss on a platform choice

Comment

Hardly a selling point when making a decision brief to the boss on a platform choice
            Oh im sure if they filled a 113 to the gills with high tech doo-dads and gizmos that cavalier attitude would go away very quickly... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
              Oh im sure if they filled a 113 to the gills with high tech doo-dads and gizmos that cavalier attitude would go away very quickly... ;)
              I wonder if anyone ever came up with a "Joe proof" factor?

"Sir, this piece of kit gives us a great capability, but the "Joe proof" factor is low!"

Comment

I wonder if anyone ever came up with a "Joe proof" factor?

"Sir, this piece of kit gives us a great capability, but the "Joe proof" factor is low!"
                I've never run across any military kit that is private proof.

Comment

And we wonder why the suspension and drive trains are all fudged up when they come in for the R/O RESET work. <LOL>

I'll have to share the link with some of the other GDLS drivetrain guys.

Yup, another bent driveshaft.
                  AK-Dave

Those who trade liberty for security have none.

Comment

Originally posted by ak-dave
                    And we wonder why the suspension and drive trains are all fudged up when they come in for the R/O RESET work. <LOL>

I'll have to share the link with some of the other GDLS drivetrain guys.

Yup, another bent driveshaft.
                    Dave,
                    Is Rick Brittle still up there at FLWA? He was working at 3041? and then got picked up by the LRAS3 folks, so he wasn't working at the main supply building at the airfield anymore.

Comment

Shek,

I'm off post over at the GSA facility in Auburn. GDLS has several of the warehouses for powerplant and drivetrain R/O.

Oh sorry, GDLS - Canada. <LOL>
                      AK-Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ak-dave
                        Shek,

I'm off post over at the GSA facility in Auburn. GDLS has several of the warehouses for powerplant and drivetrain R/O.

Oh sorry, GDLS - Canada. <LOL>
                        It's probably better that you guys are away from the flagpole. This is probably a longshot since your not on post, but if you ever see Aussie, tell him that MAJ Shek says hi. He was on the 1-23 IN team, but I'm sure that he's probably moved over to one of the other BDEs by now.

Comment

Shek,

Private message sent.
                          AK-Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X