Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So many voters in Kashmir that even children are voting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many voters in Kashmir that even children are voting!

http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=66601

Pattan/Sangrama/Rafiabad, April 24: A large number of people voted in the three assembly segments of Kashmir, where by-polls are in progress on Monday even as a grenade explosion in Pattan disrupted the polls, for a brief time at the palce.

Huge number of men women and in some cases even children have come out to cast their vote.

At Pattan, where People’s Democratic Party (PDP) leader and prominent Shia cleric, Iftikhar Hussain Anasri is locked in a tough battle with former minister and National Conference (NC) candidate Mustafa Kamal, brisk voting is going on in most of the villages. People in the Shia dominated areas have come out in large numbers to vote for Ansari while brisk voting is also seen in the NC dominated Nihalpora and Palhallan villages.

At Channabal in Pattan, 15-year-old Ghulam Hussain Dar voted. A class 9 student, Dar is enlisted on the voter list at serial number 478. "I am studying in class 9," he said. When asked that he is not eligible for voting as he is below 18 he replies, "I am not alone, everybody is voting here". An elder prevented the boy from talking further to the reporters. In another case Nazima Akhtar a class 10 student, not more than 13 years old casted votes twice and tried to wash off the voters mark from her fingers.
    Man oh man, this is freakin hillarious!

SO MANY VOTERS! Children voting? Some not once but twice? Gives you a lot of faith in the voting system.

This is a problem not only in Kashmir, but many states. Some people end up getting on the voter list when they shudn't be there, some who shud be there aren't there..

we have 1 billion people in this country and if there is even a .001% mistake in voter lists, it gets magnified

At least we have a free and fair democracy!!! At least we don't get our army to vote for one leader like your Musharraf did during his referendum!!

Comment

Duude how can you contest free and fair after admitting that people not fit to be on the voter list are on the voter list!

This was just a few kids making a mockery out of the system, who know who else goes on to vote? Probably explains why India has managed to increase the number of voters showing up on election day? They're faking it!

A genuine Indian trait when it comes to Kashmir.

Kids are voting not once but twice!

EXPOSED!!!!

Comment

lol.. you are truly a dimwit. I just mentioned above that these same mistakes happen in every voter list prepared... due to the size of our population. Get over it!!

We will run our elections the way we want.. and voter list errors are looked into by our very powerful and indepedent Election Commission

The last Kashmir elections were free and fair according to observers. Reports show Indian Kashmir to be more independent than your Kashmir..

At least we've had a functioning democracy for 50+ years.. Your president came in power due to a sham referendum where the whole army voted for him!!

Comment

Then you might as well are just admitting the failure of the entire Indian election system! Kashmir being a problematic occupied territory for India, its elections are probably just as much rigged!

Comment

wow.. u have some serious mental block

Comment

of course the last elections where free....i';m surpise the dead did not raise from the graves to vote.

Comment

Hey, at least the dead in our country get due respect.
                Your country disowned its own dead people in Kargil.. how shameful!!

Observers declared Kashmir as a free election. Indian kashmir is recognized as freer than Pakistani kashmir.. Obviously its a hard pill for Pakistan to swallow.. But I'm sorry guys, you'll have to get used to it!!

Comment

Your country, Kashmir is my country, not any Indians or Pakistani's country.

This is a part of a number of Indian government inicitives to make Kashmir look like a part of India, as well as false voters we have had int he past Indain militia's armed by your army and trained, acting as mujahideen groups attacking civillians.

It's documented by the human rights watch organisation.

Comment

Elections in J&k was hailed by all the entire international community as being free, transparent and fair.

I think that speaks for itself.

The views of others matter less.

In India, we dont rig referendums.

Comment

yes they where hailed, germans also Hailed Hitler as a saviour prior to WW2.

this report has proven evidently the elections where not free and fair, what is thier to discuss.

Comment

I am speaking of the international community here.

So according to you, International community = Germany ?!?!

Very nice.
                        Last edited by Karthik; 26 Apr 06,, 18:10.

Comment

It's 2006 not 1945 Germans are now part of the international community.

Comment

Oh man, just look at these posts by plat.

He doesn't know what he's typing !

plat,

I can no longer bear to decipher the sheer trash that you post here. Waste of valuable webspace.

Go read my posts again.

Comment

Originally posted by Karthik
                              Elections in J&k was hailed by all the entire international community as being free, transparent and fair.

I think that speaks for itself.

The views of others matter less.

In India, we dont rig referendums.
                              Dude we have evidence here presented by the Indian media, that elections in Kashmir are being rigged! All Indian arguments go out the window. As long as Indians aren't removed from the electoral process there's no gaurantee it is free and fair.

Comment

Working...
                              X