India's Top cops rapist son sent down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India's Top cops rapist son sent down

The son of a top police official in India was sentenced to seven years in prison for raping a German student.

The accused, B.H. Mohanty, was also fined about $225 by the high court in Alwar in the western desert state of Rajasthan, after a trial that lasted 10 days. His lawyer claimed he is innocent and planned to appeal, reports the BBC.

Police said the student was raped in Alwar last month while she traveled with Mohanty. He was arrested after the student sent text messages to her friends in Berlin, who in turn informed the German embassy in India.

In a similar case of so-called fast-track justice by India's special courts, two men were given life sentences in the same state for abducting and raping another foreign tourist, the report said. Earlier this month, a former police officer in Bombay was sent to prison for 12 years for raping a teenager at a police post.

http://story.indiagazette.com/p.x/ct...ee96610c884a6/

Just imagine that for Indian justice. Speedy and no nonsense and it matters not how highly connected you are!

An MBA, son of an addition Inspector General of Police, jailed in record time. Just 10 days!!!!

Not feasible in any part of the sub continent I assure you!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Indian Justice is appreciable, but there education lacks alot.

What change did the MBA had on his cruel nature. non.
      Nisaar main teri galiyon pe aaye watan, ke jahan
      Chali hai rasm keh koi na sar utha keh chaley

Comment

Originally posted by lahori Paa jee

Lahori,

Lets leave the education bit out a bit since we are not too sure about the education scene of Paksitan, right? ;)

Aslo look at this thread:

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sho...830#post202830

and

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...3-4-2006_pg3_4

Speaks for itself, right?

Further talking of law, when Paksitan quits on the Hudood and Hasba, then come back and we will talk! ;)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I have already seen them. BTW whats wrong with Hudood law apart from rape thing which needs to be modified.
          Last edited by Lahori paa jee; 14 Apr 06,, 10:07.
          Nisaar main teri galiyon pe aaye watan, ke jahan
          Chali hai rasm keh koi na sar utha keh chaley

Comment

Originally posted by lahori Paa jee

Education does not model one's behaviour or thoughts. Its a source from which one can merely obtain knowledge. How one integrates that into one's life, style of living is totally different.

We all can agree that we grow up into a person, we see around us.

Comment

Working...
            X