Air Car..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Car..

Thats right, a city car that runs on air.

http://www.theaircar.com/howitworks.html

http://science.discovery.com/fansite...lip=dtw_aircar

A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

I know what I want for my birthday.

Comment

Why do they make such awsome cars look so bloody stupid?

Comment

Gawd, I don't care if it runs on thought waves, I wouldn't be caught dead in that butt-ugly abortion.
        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

CArr

Originally posted by Jay
          Thats one heck of an ugly car.

Comment

the concept is promising for certan types of vehicles, but i don't get one thing, why a company that makes this (or any other new thech) make their own car body, in 99% it's ugly and repulcive. why not modify existing car. this would make better presentation(they can say; see our system can be fitted in existing cars) looking at this sh';t on wheels, makes you wanna ban this company from making any cars. but idea is good, for a small city car this idea would work.imo
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

When I first read the thread title, I thought you meant THIS bad mammajamma.

I wants one.

Passengers: 4
              Top speed @ 13,200 ft: 375 mph
              Cruise speed @ 20,000 ft: 275 mph
              Maximum rate of climb: 6,000 fpm
              Maximum range: 750 miles
              Payload excluding fuel: 750 lbs
              Operational ceiling: 36,000 ft
              Gross weight: 2,400 lbs
              Engine power (2 min. rating): 1,200 hp
              Fuel consumption: approx. 20 mpg
              Fuel: Ethanol
              Dimensions (LxWxH): 19.5' x 8.5' x 7.5'
              Takeoff and landing area: 35 ft dia
              Noise level at 500 ft (Goal): 65 dba
              Vertical takeoff and landing: yes
              Emergency parachutes: yes
              Attached Files

Comment

this flying car was on e bay, don't know if it was sold, but when i looked it had 95 bids, and price was 3,5 mil. usd.
                "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
                  the concept is promising for certan types of vehicles, but i don't get one thing, why a company that makes this (or any other new thech) make their own car body, in 99% it's ugly and repulcive. why not modify existing car. this would make better presentation(they can say; see our system can be fitted in existing cars) looking at this sh';t on wheels, makes you wanna ban this company from making any cars. but idea is good, for a small city car this idea would work.imo
                  A couple of years ago I saw a most interesting TV program which described how the system worked, and it was stated that the French government were behind the (rather limited) trials of IIRC 6 ambulances and 6 Taxis. True to form, I have heard nothing of the subject until now. I am sure that to keep the vehicle weight as low as possible, and to fit the air tank in the optimum location it was necessary to design an entirely new car. Unfortunately they came up with this disaster! However, just think of them as 'proof of concept' cars and I'm sure that later models will look more enticing to the purchasing public. I understand that although they make no pollution the prototypes were rather noisy. Because my computers sound card is sulking I was unable to hear the car on the video, so can't tell if the noise problem is being solved. I wish the developers luck.
                  Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

thats a real ugly one

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                      When I first read the thread title, I thought you meant THIS bad mammajamma.
                      That thing sounds (I mean literally) like some Alien space ship..

Comment

lol that is pretty horrendous.
                        I've sacraficed more than I have! I've left my bones beneath the mire!

Comment

The electricity still comes from fossil fuels.

W

Comment

Originally posted by WECIV View Post
                            The electricity still comes from fossil fuels.

W
                            yes, but less fossil fuels are used to recharge it

Comment

Working...
                            X