Useless Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useless Facts

Here are some cool useless facts I came across. There are quite a few that I am not sure I believe, so if anyone can validate or invalidate any of them, please do.:

The letter N ends all Japanese words not ending in a vowel. (Is this one true?)

The shortest English word that contains the letters A, B, C, D, E, and F is feedback

The left leg of a chicken is more tender than the right one.

54% of Americans prefer to "fold" their toilet paper rather than "wad" it. (comments?)

A goldfish will eventually turn white when placed in a dark room. (this is the question that actually led me to this website - does anyone know for sure?)

An average person laughs about 15 times a day.

Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy.

Only food that does not spoil: honey

Percentage of men who say they are happier after their divorce or separation: 58.

Percentage of women who say they are happier: 85. (Oh Yea)

Alfred Hitchcock had no belly button (it was eliminated during surgery).

Penguins are the only bird that can leap into the air like porpoises
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
    Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy.
    Correct
    http://disney.go.com/vault/archives/...ld/donald.html
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Only food that does not spoil: honey
      Not true. I once left a tub of margarine in the boot of my car for 18 days while I was on a tramping trip during the height of summer. looked (and tasted) exactly the same as when you get it 'fresh' from the supermarket

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
        Research for your trip?
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

The shortest English word that contains the letters A, B, C, D, E, and F is feedback
          If it was two words you could do 'bad cafe' and have less letters and no 'K'

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
            Research for your trip?
            LOL, gotta impress the billy lids somehow... ;)

Leibniz

Comment

LOL, gotta impress the billy lids somehow... ;)
              I'm not going to understand a word you say am I? ;)
              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I'm not going to understand a word you say am I? ;)
                sorry, Billy Lids = Kids, cockney rhyming slang, picked it up off her indoors ;)
                I'll endeavor to stick to Ameringlish while we're there

Leibniz

Comment

I'll endeavor to stick to Ameringlish while we're there
                  You can speak normaly, I'll just be saying "WTF?" alot.

Comment

You can speak normaly, I'll just be saying "WTF?" alot.
                    Looking forward to it buddy :)

Leibniz

Comment

Looking forward to it buddy :)
                      Good, me too.

Comment

The letter N ends all Japanese words not ending in a vowel. (Is this one true?)
                        I don't think so.

The number ONE is pronounced "ich" like "each," not "ich bin ein Berliner" or "I have an itch I can't scratch."
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

The longest English word that can be typed by the left hand alone is "stewardesses."
                          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

The longest English word that can be typed from top line of keys on a keyboard is "typewriter"

Comment

This is one of those GAL threads.

GAL as in Get A Life.

Comment

Working...
                              X