A machine that gets water from the air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A machine that gets water from the air

Theirs a new machine that captures water from the percipitation in the atmosphere. All the machine needs is electricity to run on.

Mods, is this rambo?

Comment

Originally posted by Great Lencucha
      Theirs a new machine that captures water from the percipitation in the atmosphere. All the machine needs is electricity to run on.
      Yes, these "new" machines are called "dehumidifiers" and have been around for nearly a century. They are very handy if you live in high-rainfall/high humidity areas and don't like your basements decorated in mold and mildew.
      The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Guess what? We don't need no stinking machine or electricity to get water. It's called RAIN, dumbass.

Get your crack-filled ass out of this forum. A village somewhere in Africa is missing solely its village idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrido
          Yes, these "new" machines are called "dehumidifiers" and have been around for nearly a century. They are very handy if you live in high-rainfall/high humidity areas and don't like your basements decorated in mold and mildew.
          There for areas that don't have high humidity or rainfall. Areas that have droughts that need drinkable water that this produces. I probally should have been more specific.
          Last edited by Great Lencucha; 03 Mar 06,, 07:56.

Comment

There for areas that don't have high humidity or rainfall. Areas that have droughts that need drinkable water that this produces. I probally should have been more specific.
            Then the machines won't work at all. Because in order to extract water from the air, there must be water in the first place. In areas where there are droughts, guess what? There is no water in the air!!! Get it??

THere's no way that we can beat Nature in terms of extracting water in any place. The nature processes are way more efficient and simpler than anything that we could create.

Comment

My cat bowl sitting outside is filled with water today. I think something called "rain" happened last night while I was asleep.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I am thoroughly dissappointed in you guys. Here's a young man, not 17 yet, who is trying to learn things and converse with you so-called experts. So instead of teaching him you insult him. If you have enough time on your hands to try to write a teatise on almost every thread on this board, you have enough time to be patient and TEACH.

Oh yes, one more thing, there is only one place I know of on Earth where there is not enough humidity to extract water from the atmosphere. It's in Ethiopia where a B-25 went down in WW II.

Otherwise even the fanciful "dry heat" of Arizona still has enough humidity in the air that can be extracted. If you are really thirsty, such a device can come in real handy.
                Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

He was a troll, sir, not a knowledge seeker. With the the availability of the Web and especially google, he should not be making such stupid posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                    he should not be making such stupid posts.
                    And this was not the only one...
                    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                      He was a troll, sir, not a knowledge seeker. With the the availability of the Web and especially google, he should not be making such stupid posts.
                      If that is your honest opinion, backed up with proof of some sort, then just ignore him. Don't resort to insults. That just keeps the SNERTS coming back for more.
                      Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship
                        If that is your honest opinion, backed up with proof of some sort, then just ignore him. Don't resort to insults. That just keeps the SNERTS coming back for more.
                        http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sea...earchid=229351

Proof enough?

Comment

Working...
                        X