No announcement yet.

Questions about Chile....please answer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Chile....please answer!

I'm part of a model U.N. at my high school, and I was hoping some of you guys would help me with general information about the nation, Chile. Some questions I have about the country are:

1) In general, how wealthy is Chile comparitively to the rest of Latin America?

2) Does Chile plan on embarking on any more major exporting products besides copper, timber, and various smaller consumer goods?

3) How are the relations between Chile, Bolivia, and Peru after their last war over the northern provinces?

4) How liberal is the government on "open trade" ?

5) Does the country as a whole (including government) support any major projects, such as space programs, all types of bio engineering (medicine, stem cell research, etc.), research on atomic power, research on fusion, weapons, etc.?

6) Is the government relatively stable, or corrupt to the point where the majority of the inhabitants are affected on a large scale?

7) How does the country play a role in the trade of illicit drugs and various other forms of contraband?

8) What issues has Chile strongly supported, or felt a strong apathy towards in the U.N. recently?

9) How big of a role does Chile play in the U.N. general assembly?

I'm sorry if these questions are somewhat if an annoyance to you guys, but if you have time, please answer them. Thanx

This, this, and this may help answer your questions.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Thanx, 2nd and 3rd link were a great help.

Comment

What conference is this for?

Comment

I know this about Chile, as a national syndicated radio talk show host (Larry Elder) keeps talking about it on his program.

Chile has privatized its equivalent of our Social Security, their national retirement program. People can now opt to invest their retirement funds in different markets to earn better return than what they otherwise would have received from the government.

Based on this single fact, I would say Chile's government is quite capitalistic, and quite stable.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Did you pick chile because there are a lot of other countries that you could of chosen to work with

Comment

Working...
            X