Euro 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro 2016

In other news from Europe, THERE IS A GAME ON!

Hear the Icelanders celebrate.

So primal.

Related to Kiwis in some way :D
    Last edited by Double Edge; 25 Jun 16,, 16:26.

Have you seen the Irish?
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Hey Dok, you guys don't play football?
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

We suck at it :-)

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
          Have you seen the Irish?
          THIS :D :D

The swedes declined a response ......gone home, no longer in the competition.

At the english

Please don't cause a riot

Someone bring the russians...
          Last edited by Double Edge; 26 Jun 16,, 13:48.

Comment

At the police

Comment

I'll assume this is soccer? Could be rugby for all I know. Not that I care as I am a Yank who is nonetheless amazed at how much emotion both sports arouse good natured and bad. Didn't see a video up there about the Russians in Paris attacking other fans.

Seeing that stuff brings back fond memories of sitting at a bar in the Philippines in 2004 I think. Lots of regulars there from US, UK, and Australia all of whom I knew. There was some international tourney going on and since I mix them up I can't say what is was. So, for this particular night, the crowd has separated instead of being mixed given that we all know each other. The Brits on one side of the bar and the Aussies on the other with us Americans in the middle. They are all wearing their respective colors and are chanting and throwing insults at each other. Meanwhile Fred, the manager, and I sit in the middle shaking our heads while being amused. Funny as hell.

Comment

/\/\/\ Must have been cricket. Aussies rival everybody because they're good.
                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                  Not that I care as I am a Yank who is nonetheless amazed at how much emotion both sports arouse good natured and bad.
                  boston red sox vs yanks

No american sport is as ruthless though. Can play a man or more down. Penalties deciding futures. Extraordinarily cruel, to the players as well as supporters.

That's what drives the emotions up.

Football is supposed to be like life.

Didn't see a video up there about the Russians in Paris attacking other fans.
                  They wore black shirts, lokomotiv moscow supporters. They seemed organised and fought well in groups.

Nobody misses Russia in this tournament, they got knocked out.
                  Last edited by Double Edge; 26 Jun 16,, 14:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                    At the police

Could be thier last hurrah, they're up against the french and it isn't even the quarter finals.

Spain vs Italy will be huge. Some weird pairings here so early on. People blaming Plaitni for favouring quantity over quality.

They enlarged the pool to get into the Euro this year, which is a good thing i think.

Comment

French just conceded a penalty...

Less than 5 mins old this game is.

Comment

C,mon the paddies

My friend has two tickets for the final of Euro 2016 but he is getting married on that day and cannot attend. If anyone wants to take his place, the wedding is at St Peter's Church, Croft on Tees Darlington and the Bride's name is Susan
                        Last edited by tankie; 26 Jun 16,, 14:13.

Comment

Haha....

Cracking first half. Irish looking very keen.

Comment

Best game is tomorrow , England V Iceland , of whom i have an admiration for for getting this far , well done Iceland ,,,,,,,shit frogs just scored haha

Comment

One minute Irish eyes are smiling, now they're looking at one down with one man sent off.

French are looking like they can advance in this tournament, Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X