Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    Some late review.

India won the T20 Series against Australia, 2-1.

As for the 1st test. You all have no idea how p!ssed I am.

Defence. Defence. Defence. Defence was the hallmark of many Indian batsmen over the decades. Gavaskar, Dravid and so many more. These guys have no footwork at all. Sissies.

Full credit to the Aussie bowlers. They bowled disciplined, well and in the right areas. Extremely well bowled Australia. India deserved this humiliation.

I am off celebrating. My girlfriend will have twins sometime in the future.

Before I go celebrating, anybody noticed how F ordinary, the Indian bowlers bowled. These a##e# should be stripped and spanked.

I wouldn't be too harsh on India's batsmen. With the exception of Kohli, who was clearly hoping to hit the bowlers off their line, none of them did anything wrong. Its not like they were flashing wildly outside off or leaving straight ones that knock over off. There was one example of poor footwork, but 95 days out of 100 it wouldn't matter. Even Gavaskar, who is commentating here on TV & radio, couldn't find a lot of fault with them.

Truth is that is the best fast bowling I have seen since Curtly Ambrose took 7/1 at the WACA in 1993. Two bowlers who put damned near every ball in the right spot. Impossible to play. Those batsmen will play worse than that and make centuries.

I agree that India's bowlers didn't back up a great first innings performance in hte second. Wade & Burns were under pressure but the bowling let them off. I'm not convinced that even with Shami India could have rolled us for under 90, but they certainly didn't give themselves the best chance to do so. I think the combination of the telephone number batting scorecard & Shami being hit took the wind completely out of their sails.

The bad news is that India now lose Kohli & Shami, while Australia likely regains Warner.

Congratulations on the twins.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post

I wouldn't be too harsh on India's batsmen. With the exception of Kohli, who was clearly hoping to hit the bowlers off their line, none of them did anything wrong. Its not like they were flashing wildly outside off or leaving straight ones that knock over off. There was one example of poor footwork, but 95 days out of 100 it wouldn't matter. Even Gavaskar, who is commentating here on TV & radio, couldn't find a lot of fault with them.

Truth is that is the best fast bowling I have seen since Curtly Ambrose took 7/1 at the WACA in 1993. Two bowlers who put damned near every ball in the right spot. Impossible to play. Those batsmen will play worse than that and make centuries.

I agree that India's bowlers didn't back up a great first innings performance in hte second. Wade & Burns were under pressure but the bowling let them off. I'm not convinced that even with Shami India could have rolled us for under 90, but they certainly didn't give themselves the best chance to do so. I think the combination of the telephone number batting scorecard & Shami being hit took the wind completely out of their sails.

The bad news is that India now lose Kohli & Shami, while Australia likely regains Warner.
      Where is the off stump? None of them had a clue where their off stump was. Most of those balls are to be left alone, given the respect it deserved, and this can be done only if batsmen know where their off stump was. Aussie bowling was good in the first innings too, then why the collapse in the second innings? This is test cricket, not IPL. Patience & perseverance pays, and the Indian batsmen showed neither of those qualities. Kohli was in a rush as if his baby would be born any minute. He lacked leadership qualities.

BF, you know how much they get paid? Probably most, than any other country. And to surrender so meekly without thinking of any consequences. It's like the GoI is running this sh!tshow.

This series will look like Aus:India :: 3:0, when the nightmare ends.

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
      Congratulations on the twins.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

This series will look like Aus:India :: 3:0, when the nightmare ends.

Maybe not, great fightback by India!.

Australian batting is looking quite weak in this series, they have barely reached 200 in any of their innings. Without the Indian collapse in the first test, they might have been looking down 2-0.

Comment

• ^ Pretty ordinary fielding by the Aussies in this second test. We will win this one.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Target of 70 in the second innings and India is already 2 down. Patience is the key to test cricket.

Comment

• Great Indian win!

Looking forward to the next test.

Think Steve Smith is due a score, and David Warner will be returning so should be an interesting contest.

Comment

• This was a convincing win. If India played like this, they'd never lose, even without the best in the team.

Comment

• Congratulations India. Good bowling, good batting & good fielding = good cricket. Keep this up & a series win is a distinct possibility.

Australia has a ton of work to do. Our batting has been poor, even taking into account the quality of the Indian bowling. We also had a shocker in the field. India could & should have been out for closer to 250. They would probably still have won, but we need to reward our bowlers, who have done a great job.

Warner back is good news, though is is short of a hit. At least there is a chance of a decent opening partnership. Smith's form is a serious concern. He looked great in the 1 dayers but has shown none of that since. Others are also struggling, but that is the key one. Only good news for the batting is Green showing that he can bat at Test level. Nice to have a 21 year old who can bat that well & bowl over 140kms.

So, off to Sydney.
                  sigpic

Comment

• ^ Steve is a class player, he will find his form soon, hopefully after the test series. I was pretty dejected by Aussie fielding, so many missed catches. Green could be your Lance Klusener in all forms of the game.

Comment

• Have to give props to Rahane for the way he led the team. After the horror of Adelaide and losing Shami before the match and Yadav during the second innings, nobody really expected the team to do as well as it did. But Rahane led from the front with the bat and expertly marshalled his dwindling bowling resources. He was spot on with the field placements as well. All the while appearing to be as cool as Dhoni out in the field.

Unfortunately, going forward we are yet another fast bowler short. We have now lost more first choice fast bowlers to injury than we used to have in total in the old days. Of the three possible replacements - Thakur, Saini and Natarajan - none seems to be in the class of Shami or Bumrah (or even Ishant) but perhaps one of them can surprise us like Siraj did. Saini is the only one who can bowl with decent pace but has absolutely nothing else up his sleeve. My personal pick would be Natarajan, purely out of a gut feeling and a hope that he might do well.

Aussie batting troubles and some fine bowling have covered up for the huge problems we have at the top of the order. Shaw came a cropper, but Gill has looked good. On the other hand, Agarwal looked completely at sea in both games and needs to make way for Rohit Sharma. Unfortunately that is not the end of our troubles because Pujara is struggling as well and Vihari hasn't looked too good either. One of them can be switched out for KL Rahul who I think needs to be given a decent run in tests.

As for Steve Smith, he is the last person Australia should be worried about. He should be back to his usual self in an innings or two. It's everyone else in the team who is a problem (barring Green and Warner if he plays). I am speaking of Batsmen only of course, the bowling has been top class as usual.
                      Last edited by Firestorm; 01 Jan 21,, 00:52.

Comment

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Will Pucovski is the guy to look out for. His first class stats are very good. Well, 3rd test started today and Aussies have had a solid start.

Comment

Have you seen the doco? While a lot of it is stuff that might seem mundane to someone who lives with it, watching how much fun everyone had getting to play with Steve Waugh was a real treat. The scene with the little girl just practicing by herself in the park, not realizing until the end who was taking her photo was so beautiful. Like Waugh, I loved seeing the girls getting so much joy from playing. That they can now dream of playing for their country and perhaps even making a living playing cricket is one of the best developments in the game in my lifetime.
                            sigpic

Comment

Will Pucovski is the guy to look out for. His first class stats are very good. Well, 3rd test started today and Aussies have had a solid start.
                              There is a lot to like about his game, but he has one or two flaws that he will need to deal with if he is going to be a success. Now we get to find out if he can rise to the challenge of the very top level.

You blokes have a real talent with Gill. Kid can play.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post

Have you seen the doco? While a lot of it is stuff that might seem mundane to someone who lives with it, watching how much fun everyone had getting to play with Steve Waugh was a real treat. The scene with the little girl just practicing by herself in the park, not realizing until the end who was taking her photo was so beautiful. Like Waugh, I loved seeing the girls getting so much joy from playing. That they can now dream of playing for their country and perhaps even making a living playing cricket is one of the best developments in the game in my lifetime.
                                Yeah I saw it. Cricket is hobby, passion and happiness for a lot of youngsters in India. I had a good time playing cricket when I was in school, and then college. Real ball, no gloves or pads, so eye-hand co-ordination was very important. I got hit on my leg, waist, arm and wrist bone couple of times, some hairline fractures too, which made me ensure that I follow the hand of the bowler upto the time he releases the bowl. Nowadays, kids have a lot of protective gear to play with, we're not that lucky. But yeah, if cricket is good, test cricket is just awesome.

There is another YouTube documentary by Nasir Hussian (ex England captain, 3 parts I think), forgot the name of the show, it's good too. Gill and all newbies are coached by Rahul Dravid for the U-19 WC. Gill needs to have some more confidence, he will get better. Pant needs to update his keeping & batting skills. Why is Vihari in the team, I frankly don't know. T20 is like cricket on steroids, I don't like it that much, but you know what, IPL gave poor players a platform to earn money and have a decent living, even if they don't play for the National team. Bonus is, they get coached for more than a month by the best players of the world - Pointing etc, every year. Prithwi Shaw's batting doesn't inspire me, he has been playing with flaws for far too long as a youngster. If he doesn't update his batting skills, he will go the Vinod Kambli way. There are just too many young players coming out ever year, and only 1 international team.

Comment

Working...
                                X