No announcement yet.

Cricket - The Greatest Game of all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many people will be sick tomorrow. I'm already battling cough.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      Many people will be sick tomorrow. I'm already battling cough.
      Sadly I already had actual illness, real bad flu and am just getting better now.
      All sick leaves over.
      For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
        Incredible Game.
        the aussies would say 'We have Glen Maxwell and they have naught'
        We also have Shane Watson, that evens things out.

Comment

Sadly I already had actual illness, real bad flu and am just getting better now.
          All sick leaves over.
          Bad timing of flu? Just kidding. Hope you doing okay now.

No meetings, no code releases, nothing planned for tomorrow. Someone wants a concall tomorrow, but I'll be sick.

World Cup fever: Planning to fall ill tomorrow?
          Last edited by Oracle; 25 Mar 15,, 09:46.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Checked the score at work.......deja vu.
            Its exactly like the tests and one dayers, India getting taken apart with very little drama, Steve Smith coasts to another effortless century and now maxwell will blast them to 400.
            No close semi here its a big yellow steamroller

Comment

• I'm depressed. Very depressed. Congratulations Aussies, you were the better team today.

Comment

• Meh, used up a vacation day. That comfort food.

Comment

• Ind vs Aus was a boring match, not worth a semifinal, The Indian team was very passive and did not give a fight.

NZ vs Aus
                  That is a good match, NZ has won tough close matches, Aus can bat deep and have that sting in their bowling.

May it be a close match like that thriller of a SA vs NZ semi.

Comment

• Looks like the Australians are on their way to another one.... there should be a rule for Aus to play with 8 players maximum, and bat with a Stump.

One more boring match, this world cup was boring, cricket is loosing its charm.

Comment

• Well played Australia, I am disappointed that NZ couldn't win but in the end the Aussies were the best team by a wide margin. Was a great World Cup with some memorable matches.

5 World Cup wins, are we in for another period of Australian dominance? 5-0 in the Ashes might be their next goal, will England be prepared in 4 months time?

Comment

• So Kiwis are really great at one thing. Losing to the Australians. That's got to hurt.
                        Chimo

Comment

• Insane finish to the T20 final. Last over was some drama. Four sixes on first four balls as West Indies needed 19. Congrats to West Indies, tough for the English.

Remarkable final in terms of the bowling and so many lost wickets in the early overs. England really dug deep to get to 155 and give themselves something to defend.

Getting Gayle out early gave them great momentum, momentum that the West Indies had only moments earlier and never seemed to regain until that mental freak finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by tantalus View Post
                            Insane finish to the T20 final. Last over was some drama. Four sixes on first four balls as West Indies needed 19. Congrats to West Indies, tough for the English.

Remarkable final in terms of the bowling and so many lost wickets in the early overs. England really dug deep to get to 155 and give themselves something to defend.

Getting Gayle out early gave them great momentum, momentum that the West Indies had only moments earlier and never seemed to regain until that mental freak finish.
                            Poor Ben Stokes, he was reduced to tears. 4 mighty sixes from Braithwaithe.

Comment

Poor Ben Stokes, he was reduced to tears. 4 mighty sixes from Braithwaithe.
                              Scarring, how many moments in his life will the memory of those four balls sneak into a conscious thought...

Comment

• Originally posted by tantalus View Post
                                Scarring, how many moments in his life will the memory of those four balls sneak into a conscious thought...
                                England have an ability to lose big games (and small ones for that matter) which no major Cricket nation can match. They have lost 3 50 over World Cup Finals and now a T20 one into the mix. They just do it so wonderfully well. Bless their little hearts.

Well done Windies. Needed to win something after a crap run. Braithwaite was one of the few players who impressed me this summer - not the most talented, but he had a go. if the rest of his team tried as hard they would be competitive. Hope this bleeds into their test cricket.
                                sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Working...
                                X