• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InExile
    replied
    Great Indian win!

Looking forward to the next test.

Think Steve Smith is due a score, and David Warner will be returning so should be an interesting contest.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    Target of 70 in the second innings and India is already 2 down. Patience is the key to test cricket.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    ^ Pretty ordinary fielding by the Aussies in this second test. We will win this one.

Leave a comment:

• InExile
    replied
    Originally posted by Oracle View Post

This series will look like Aus:India :: 3:0, when the nightmare ends.

Maybe not, great fightback by India!.

Australian batting is looking quite weak in this series, they have barely reached 200 in any of their innings. Without the Indian collapse in the first test, they might have been looking down 2-0.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigfella View Post

I wouldn't be too harsh on India's batsmen. With the exception of Kohli, who was clearly hoping to hit the bowlers off their line, none of them did anything wrong. Its not like they were flashing wildly outside off or leaving straight ones that knock over off. There was one example of poor footwork, but 95 days out of 100 it wouldn't matter. Even Gavaskar, who is commentating here on TV & radio, couldn't find a lot of fault with them.

Truth is that is the best fast bowling I have seen since Curtly Ambrose took 7/1 at the WACA in 1993. Two bowlers who put damned near every ball in the right spot. Impossible to play. Those batsmen will play worse than that and make centuries.

I agree that India's bowlers didn't back up a great first innings performance in hte second. Wade & Burns were under pressure but the bowling let them off. I'm not convinced that even with Shami India could have rolled us for under 90, but they certainly didn't give themselves the best chance to do so. I think the combination of the telephone number batting scorecard & Shami being hit took the wind completely out of their sails.

The bad news is that India now lose Kohli & Shami, while Australia likely regains Warner.
    Where is the off stump? None of them had a clue where their off stump was. Most of those balls are to be left alone, given the respect it deserved, and this can be done only if batsmen know where their off stump was. Aussie bowling was good in the first innings too, then why the collapse in the second innings? This is test cricket, not IPL. Patience & perseverance pays, and the Indian batsmen showed neither of those qualities. Kohli was in a rush as if his baby would be born any minute. He lacked leadership qualities.

BF, you know how much they get paid? Probably most, than any other country. And to surrender so meekly without thinking of any consequences. It's like the GoI is running this sh!tshow.

This series will look like Aus:India :: 3:0, when the nightmare ends.

Congratulations on the twins.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Some late review.

India won the T20 Series against Australia, 2-1.

As for the 1st test. You all have no idea how p!ssed I am.

Defence. Defence. Defence. Defence was the hallmark of many Indian batsmen over the decades. Gavaskar, Dravid and so many more. These guys have no footwork at all. Sissies.

Full credit to the Aussie bowlers. They bowled disciplined, well and in the right areas. Extremely well bowled Australia. India deserved this humiliation.

I am off celebrating. My girlfriend will have twins sometime in the future.

Before I go celebrating, anybody noticed how F ordinary, the Indian bowlers bowled. These a##e# should be stripped and spanked.

I wouldn't be too harsh on India's batsmen. With the exception of Kohli, who was clearly hoping to hit the bowlers off their line, none of them did anything wrong. Its not like they were flashing wildly outside off or leaving straight ones that knock over off. There was one example of poor footwork, but 95 days out of 100 it wouldn't matter. Even Gavaskar, who is commentating here on TV & radio, couldn't find a lot of fault with them.

Truth is that is the best fast bowling I have seen since Curtly Ambrose took 7/1 at the WACA in 1993. Two bowlers who put damned near every ball in the right spot. Impossible to play. Those batsmen will play worse than that and make centuries.

I agree that India's bowlers didn't back up a great first innings performance in hte second. Wade & Burns were under pressure but the bowling let them off. I'm not convinced that even with Shami India could have rolled us for under 90, but they certainly didn't give themselves the best chance to do so. I think the combination of the telephone number batting scorecard & Shami being hit took the wind completely out of their sails.

The bad news is that India now lose Kohli & Shami, while Australia likely regains Warner.

Congratulations on the twins.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    Some late review.

India won the T20 Series against Australia, 2-1.

As for the 1st test. You all have no idea how p!ssed I am.

Defence. Defence. Defence. Defence was the hallmark of many Indian batsmen over the decades. Gavaskar, Dravid and so many more. These guys have no footwork at all. Sissies.

Full credit to the Aussie bowlers. They bowled disciplined, well and in the right areas. Extremely well bowled Australia. India deserved this humiliation.

I am off celebrating. My girlfriend will have twins sometime in the future.

Before I go celebrating, anybody noticed how F ordinary, the Indian bowlers bowled. These a##e# should be stripped and spanked.
    Last edited by Oracle; 19 Dec 20,, 17:13.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Interesting results from the Australia A v Indians 3 day match. This was basically a chance for some test players not involved in the ODIs & T20 to have a hit out and for some probables & possibles to put their case.

I don't know all of the Indian players, but Umesh Yadav & Ravi Ashwin bowled well, while Pujara & Rahane did well with the bat. None of the other top order bats did much.

On the Australian side this match was billed as a contest between openers Pucovski & Burns for a spot, assuming Warner is fit for the first Test. Both failed in the first innings. Burns failed in the second, while Pucovski was hit on the helmet. He has a history of concussion, which means he may not be available for the first Test. It ha snow been confirmed that Warner will not be fit, so India may face an out of form Burns & Marcus Harris, who is in good form but has a patchy history at Test level.

The big story for Australia was allrounder Cam Green. He made an unbeaten century and grabbed a couple of top orer wickets. Hopefully he will be picked, though incumbent Matthew Wade has been making runs & may be preferred. Also good news that James Pattinson, who is the next picked fast bowler if we suffer an injury, bowled well.

There is one more practice match before the first test, this one a day nighter with the pink ball. That will likely involve lineups very similar to the eventual test teams. Should be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied

Warner has injured himself and won't play before the Tests (if at all) and Cummins is being rested, so we will be weaker in the remaining ODI & the T20s.

Smith is in scary form, Labuscagne is making runs & if Warner is fit he is in form too. Hazelwood & Cummins are bowling well. Starc is not, but I'm fairly confident he will come good by the time the Tests start. Our bowling lineup is basically decided unless there is an injury. Batting is less certain, wiht the possibility that opener Will Pucovski might replace Joe Burns. Pucovski has scored two double centuries in domestic cricket this season, while Burns has done little. The other possibility is Cameron Green replacing Matthew Wade down the order. Green is a genuine allrounder who will likely end up as a batting allrounder due to injury concerns. Personally I'm hoping he gets picked.

That would mean a lineup of Warner, Burns (or Pucovski), Labuscagne, Smith, Head, Wade (or Green), Paine (c), Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood, Lyon, Pattinson.

I haven't been following India's Test team. Who are you expecting to get picked and who will step in for Kohli?
    I honestly don't know. Too many probables. Iyer, Gill, Pant, Shaw - these are young talent who have a future, but they need to work like hell and be consistent to find a slot in the international team. I am not very happy with Iyer and Gill as far as their performances are concerned in this series, yet.

3rd ODI,
    Ind - 302/5
    Aus - 289/49.3

Butttt, WTF? I last watched this match till 42 overs, India was batting and it looked like 280 would be the score. Logged in now, and saw India won. Strange. Would have been a competitive match.

Leave a comment:

• snapper
    replied
    I heard England beat South Africa in a one day series. Didn't manage to watch anyone of it :(.

Leave a comment:

• Firestorm
    replied
    Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
    I wish I understood a single word on this thread!

Cricket for Americans ^^

Leave a comment:

• Albany Rifles
    replied
    I wish I understood a single word on this thread!

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    India lost, AGAIN.

Aus - 389/4
    Ind - 338/9

Watching the form of top-order Aussie batsmen, it's likely the highest score in these ODI series (remaining 3 matches) might as well read Aus - 450/4.
    Warner has injured himself and won't play before the Tests (if at all) and Cummins is being rested, so we will be weaker in the remaining ODI & the T20s.

Smith is in scary form, Labuscagne is making runs & if Warner is fit he is in form too. Hazelwood & Cummins are bowling well. Starc is not, but I'm fairly confident he will come good by the time the Tests start. Our bowling lineup is basically decided unless there is an injury. Batting is less certain, wiht the possibility that opener Will Pucovski might replace Joe Burns. Pucovski has scored two double centuries in domestic cricket this season, while Burns has done little. The other possibility is Cameron Green replacing Matthew Wade down the order. Green is a genuine allrounder who will likely end up as a batting allrounder due to injury concerns. Personally I'm hoping he gets picked.

That would mean a lineup of Warner, Burns (or Pucovski), Labuscagne, Smith, Head, Wade (or Green), Paine (c), Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood, Lyon, Pattinson.

I haven't been following India's Test team. Who are you expecting to get picked and who will step in for Kohli?

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    India lost, AGAIN.

Aus - 389/4
    Ind - 338/9

Watching the form of top-order Aussie batsmen, it's likely the highest score in these ODI series (remaining 3 matches) might as well read Aus - 450/4.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    Pandya won't bowl till T20 WC. Rohit is missing. Kohli will be missing. Ishant is injured. Something is not right. I think we're in for a good drubbing this year.

Smith played IPL this year?

Bowling was pathetic. Why is Saini even playing, IDK.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X