Clear All

• DarthSiddius
    replied
    ^Cease and desist, you!

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    Cricket the great game of all...

I wouldn't usually put a hate in a thread I have little to no interest, but such an absolutistic title provokes. Sure it is The Greatest. For avoiding. No other game I would avoid more.

Leave a comment:

• sated buddha
    replied
    Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
    Just because I am not interested in sports as a substitute for jingoism... I dont see what you are going on about.
    Jingoism, fascism. Do you also carry a jhola to go with those specs?

Mammas boy accusations? Again this is typical Northie over macho posturing.
    I admit freely that I am not physically strong and do have powerful prescription glasses.
    I'm not surprised.

Just know this. A healthy strong active kid who likes sports and who might break a bone or two growing up (his own or someone else's - I've done both) does not automatically become a macho northie.

Just like a frail kid with fat specs who does not or cannot play sport does not automatically become a pansie southie.

Hope that puts things neatly into the respective pigeon holes you so obviously like lumping people you've never met into.

What I did say, before you misconstrued (probably a result of being picked on growing up), was that I was the latter and I had known many kids who were the former. And you sounded like one. Nothing judgmental or macho. Just the way different kids are.
    Last edited by sated buddha; 02 Apr 14,, 13:10.

Leave a comment:

• bolo121
    replied
    Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
    I enjoy all cricket. And we were not talking about cricket per se, but specifically (in this interplay) cricket against Pakistan. If you do not have heart there, then it can only mean one of two things. Neither very complimentary I'm afraid.
    Just because I am not interested in sports as a substitute for jingoism... I dont see what you are going on about.

Well, speaking of shoes, your original comment with regard to school hockey to which I replied in the first place was pretty standard momma-boy meets speco nerd sissy stuff.

If the shoe fits .....
    Mammas boy accusations? Again this is typical Northie over macho posturing.
    I admit freely that I am not physically strong and do have powerful prescription glasses.

Leave a comment:

• sated buddha
    replied
    Of course there is heart in cricket, otherwise it wouldn't be fun. But what makes it special is that there is much more on offer.
    I enjoy the ebb and flow of a proper game, plan and counter plan and so on.
    You are a go by the gut and feel everything person it seems, I begin to see how you enjoy T20 so much.
    I enjoy all cricket. And we were not talking about cricket per se, but specifically (in this interplay) cricket against Pakistan. If you do not have heart there, then it can only mean one of two things. Neither very complimentary I'm afraid.

Your earlier reply was a pretty standard northie dialogue. I am tough and break bones and you are sissies.
    If the shoe fits...
    Well, speaking of shoes, your original comment with regard to school hockey to which I replied in the first place was pretty standard momma-boy meets speco nerd sissy stuff.

If the shoe fits .....

Leave a comment:

• bolo121
    replied
    Cricket is not followed by the head, but by the heart. If you need to analyse and decide on "participation", you are indeed better off watching some other sport. Golf or chess maybe.
    Of course there is heart in cricket, otherwise it wouldn't be fun. But what makes it special is that there is much more on offer.
    I enjoy the ebb and flow of a proper game, plan and counter plan and so on.
    You are a go by the gut and feel everything person it seems, I begin to see how you enjoy T20 so much.

Why? Because "Northies" are crass and break bones and "Southies" are timid rassam sipping puppies who get beaten up?

Talk about jaundiced prejudices and pigeon-holing man .....
    Your earlier reply was a pretty standard northie dialogue. I am tough and break bones and you are sissies.
    If you felt pigeonholed, my apologies.
    Last edited by bolo121; 02 Apr 14,, 12:16.

Leave a comment:

• sated buddha
    replied
    In other words i am sane and realize that the only people who really win from all this fervour are advertisers plus the looters of the BCCI.
    However going from the attitude i see in my pretty big office I dont think the fervour you describ is still there. At least not in Bangalore.

I have been described as pessimistic sometimes but you are the first to call me airy of all things.
    Its not a matter of being contrary, I just look at the pattern and if its distasteful, I dont participate.
    Cricket is not followed by the head, but by the heart. If you need to analyse and decide on "participation", you are indeed better off watching some other sport. Golf or chess maybe.

Man thats just such a North Indian thing to say.
    Why? Because "Northies" are crass and break bones and "Southies" are timid rassam sipping puppies who get beaten up?

Talk about jaundiced prejudices and pigeon-holing man .....
    Last edited by sated buddha; 02 Apr 14,, 08:22.

Leave a comment:

• sated buddha
    replied
    We need to tackle Steyn. Need to dent his psyche in the very first over. A case for an ambush hitter maybe. Morkel is difficult but not particularly unmanageable.

Leave a comment:

• DarthSiddius
    replied
    That's cute, we gotta sit through the IPL in the summers.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Originally posted by DarthSiddius View Post
    There are sports other than cricket that matter? :Dancing-Banana:
    Not during the summer or a winter tour of England. Aussie Rules in the winter, Cricket in the summer. Perfection!

Leave a comment:

• DarthSiddius
    replied
    In other words i am sane and realize that the only people who really win from all this fervour are advertisers plus the looters of the BCCI.
    Actually, you can be a fan of cricket and the Indian cricket team without being a fan of the BCCI, just saying! But taking a look at our bowlers I can understand...

Leave a comment:

• bolo121
    replied
    You are an aberration. You are an exception to the rule, a tiny microsm of cricket-is-war mad India where Pakistan is concerned. But I guess you already know that and like being contrary and airy for some reason.
    However going from the attitude i see in my pretty big office I dont think the fervour you describ is still there. At least not in Bangalore.

I have been described as pessimistic sometimes but you are the first to call me airy of all things.
    Its not a matter of being contrary, I just look at the pattern and if its distasteful, I dont participate.

As for hockey, I'm one of the guys whose ilk you knew, and I'm guessing I knew some of yours as well. :)
    Man thats just such a North Indian thing to say.
    Last edited by bolo121; 01 Apr 14,, 17:36.

Leave a comment:

• DarthSiddius
    replied
    Needless to say, my Pakistani coworker has a frown on his face today...

Leave a comment:

• Blademaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
    You guys have hockey over there these days?
    Field hockey.

Leave a comment:

• Pedicabby
    replied
    Hockey is pretty boring to watch but frightening to play.
    You guys have hockey over there these days?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X