Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
    Maybe to emulate the beginning of Olympiad , where it all started . :)
    Yes, probably. But what they did in the movie - they were raising some wooden installations - I didn't understand what was that. It resembled a fort or something. Just now watched the movie with comments from another channel. That was movie about "many centuries of building" in Russia. In general. Nice movie, anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by bonehead View Post
      I just hate that the judges decide the winners and losers. The olympics just began and already there have been claims of collusion by the judges. Nothing new I suppose. Figure skaters are athletes and damned good at what they do but figure skating is the original "reality show". Drama, drama, drama.
      Snowboarding is in that camp, as well. Seen how much time it took the judges to rate the Canadian as 4th?
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by bonehead View Post
        Figure skaters are athletes and damned good at what they do but figure skating is the original "reality show".
        As for me, the Ice Dancing is not my favorite kind of figure skating because it's very predictable. Right now we can call the prize three places, the winners, USA gets gold, Canada - silver, Russia - bronze. Sportsmen of this sport do not compete in real time. Instead their reputations and results of past season work for them and win the medals. No place for tension and surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSecond View Post
          As for me, the Ice Dancing is not my favorite kind of figure skating because it's very predictable. Right now we can call the prize three places, the winners, USA gets gold, Canada - silver, Russia - bronze. Sportsmen of this sport do not compete in real time. Instead their reputations and results of past season work for them and win the medals. No place for tension and surprise.
          I hate Figure Skating since I was a kid. I hated it because it was always on the air in the same time as the cartoons - 7 pm. I swear it was a conspiracy against me, because it really didn't matter if the event is in USA, Germany, USSR or Japan, it was 7pm sharp. Back then we had 1 TV set per household with only two programs.
          Needless to say we had this fantastic TV commentary from some Croatian woman who very pedantically explained who wore what and from what material. Yes the TVs were still predominantly B/W in late 70's/ early 80's.

No place for tension you say? You clearly missed Surya Bonali back in the days. I see she is back in the focus these days with her back slop landing on one foot.

BTW, from what I can understand, the wife and friends in the other room were all wet and in tears from the performance of the Russian couple.
          Last edited by Doktor; 09 Feb 14,, 23:58.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
            Snowboarding is in that camp, as well. Seen how much time it took the judges to rate the Canadian as 4th?
            Too many current sports are that way. Thats why I prefer the summer Olympics..track and field. As long as you don't jump the gun, stay in your lane and break the tape there is nothing the judges can do to take the win away from you….unless you fail the UA afterwards. Either way the athlete controls the outcome and not some judge.
            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
              No place for tension you say? You clearly missed Surya Bonali back in the days.
              Surya Bonali comes back? I haven't heard about that. But sorry, but that doesn't make a lot of tension.
              Though she was a pearl in figure skating, she was an actress, fans loved her. She made sport as a show. People always like this, including me.

Comment

• Record olympic

3Russian luger Albert Demchenko, who on Sunday won a silver medal at the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, has set a personal record of participation in Olympic Games.

The Sochi OIympics are number seven in Demchenko's career.

In the past, he took part in the 1992, 1994, 1998, 2002, 2006 and 2010 Olympic Games. In 2006 Demchenko also won a silver medal in the single-seat sledge competition.

Albert Demchenko
                Attached Files

Comment

• This just made me curl....

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                    This just made me curl....

[ATTACH]35499[/ATTACH]
                    And so it should , no way is it played in a dark room ffs .:slap:

Comment

• Oh...the room is dark.

Didn't notice that before for some reason.

Comment

Oh...the room is dark.

This is scary. Yeller with night vision.

Comment

• what room?????
                          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

• You notice she was on her hands and knees and touching something yellow and rock hard..

(Sorry....had to say that before Minnie comes in to kick my ass...or the colonel does on just general principles)

Comment

Oh...the room is dark.

We warned you that doing that thing would make you go blind.

Comment

• When was the last time Norway scored against Canada in hockey? Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X