Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attached Files
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
      Geez... What were you saying Yeller?
      Nothing, DoK.

I can't believe I got so excited over something as barbaric as hockey.

We're Canada's bitches when it comes to Olympic hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
        Geez... What were you saying Yeller?
        The dumb ass jinxed them.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
          The dumb ass jinxed them.
          You think he realized that and that's why he wrote this:

We're Canada's bitches when it comes to Olympic hockey.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by bonehead View Post
            I'd be happy just taking British Columbia and the Yukon so I can drive to Alaska with my guns and not have "issues".

Hell I was only just poking the bear but you are not content until you lift his tail and swat him a few times.
            I agree, border crossing at the WA/ BC is a pain the wrong places, as is the back and forth mile/ km conversion.Seriously North America, pick one damn standard and stick to it.
            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Dok, who the hell knows what goes through the mind of Yeller!!!
              Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                I agree, border crossing at the WA/ BC is a pain the wrong places, as is the back and forth mile/ km conversion.Seriously North America, pick one damn standard and stick to it.
                Be thankful Queen's former subjects don't make you drive on the wrong side of the road.
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Dok, who the hell knows what goes through the mind of Yeller!!!
                  His wife. Or she wouldn't have that many shoes.

Also, I think that a certain retired high-ranked officer given a chance would place a hockey stick there. Among other places.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    Be thankful Queen's former subjects don't make you drive on the wrong side of the road.
                    Which ones? Those on the south or on the north side of the border?

Comment

Doktor, what has happened is the NHLers have learned to adapt to the larger ice surface of international hockey...and then introduced the world to the hard nose version of hockey played in the NHL. It's an in your face hard hitting style the Europeans do not play as well.

Some make the transition and excel (see Chara, Krecji, Seidenberg and Ericson of my beloved Bruins). Others find a niche but do not become a force like they would in KHL.
                      Peter Forsberg adapted and thrived in the NHL. At his prime, he was the most dominant player in the league.

Niklas Lidstrom was for years the best defenseman in NHL. Not sure if it's Red Wings' system or he was really that good. He controled the tempo of the game on both ends.

Anze Kopitar, the greatest Slovenian hockey player of all time, has the skills to play European style finesse game but can play the grinding game along the boards just as well.

It's always interesting to watch how European NHL players play the international game in the Olympics. At 43 years old, Teemu Selanne had a great game against the Russians. I think the larger ice rewards Teemu since he's probably not that keen on getting hit at 43.

I wonder how Patrick Kane likes the international ice. He's probably the smallest player on the team at 5' 11" and 180 lb. Many considered him to be too small to play in the NHL. But don't tell that to Martin St. Louis.
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• :pop:

Comment

• Congrats to the Canadian men...can we restart the NHL season now?
                            Last edited by Albany Rifles; 21 Feb 14,, 21:12.
                            Mark Twain

Comment

• Now that's what you call a great game! Bring on the Swedes!
                              Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                              -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Congrats to the Canadian men...can we restart the NHL season now?
                                Wont your goalie play for bronze?

Comment

Working...
                                X