Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA College Football 2012

Been an interesting season so far.

NC State beating the Seminoles the other night was a stunner, The Tide Rolls, the Trojans are relevant in a legal way again, Notre Dame is playing preety good football in pretty ugly uniforms and my beloved Mountaineers are shaking things up and crashing the party in the Big 12.

Don't know how the season is going to go but it ought to be a pretty fun ride!
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

So far the season has been entertaining. It has also proven that "on paper" doesn't mean much when on the field. We need to ditch the BCS, er BS system, and have a playoff (min 8 team format). I have had it up to here with biassed polls. It shouldn't matter what a sportswriter "thinks". No computer program can compute heart and determination. What matters is what happens on the field.
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Alabama, Kansas State, N.D. and Oregon now rule the standings..in that order. N.D had a hell of a time putting away Pitt at home so Oregon should move to #3 today. Hopefully beating Oregon state and Stanford will be enough to boats Oregon's SOS and get them into the NC game.

Oregon at USC last night reads more like a basketball score. Some record were broken last night. Oregon has to shore up the defense. Oregon's top offense vs Alabama's top defense is looking to happen. It could be one hell of a game. Would be an interesting play off picture too as any team still undefeated and ranked this high at the end of regular season deserves a shot. Sigh.

Comment

Never really got into college ball, it's hard enough for me to follow MLB and NFL here
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Kind of a shame. you are missing some fine entertainment that often times is better than the NFL.

Comment

I know, but with school it's all I can do to make time for the Giants game every week. Hell, it's near 2:00 AM, it's only the end of the 3rd quarter and I've got class in the morning.

Once a week, I can put aside time for the Giants game, I can live with little sleep for one night. Mets games I just had to watch highlights and read reviews the next day.
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

The new BS rankings are out. Oregon will be in the driver's seat as long as they win the next three games. I know Stanford, Oregon State and whomever we play in the conference championship will come out swinging so those will be tough but winnable games. The sec blogs are soaked with all the crying about not having an SEC team on top of the standings. Still 3 weeks of football left and a lot of grudge matches to play so it's not over yet.

Comment

Fun team to watch. Ethics are questionable but NIKE have spent their money well. I lost my enthusiasm for Oregon after the shabby treatment rendered to Wisconsin guests by their fans in 2001. About 300 seats were taken and security would do nothing about it until halftime despite our complaints well before kickoff. We stood. I'd attended numerous games there before that. Never been back nor shall.

Forelorn but hope Oregon State beats them.
                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Sorry to hear about the stolen seats. That never should have happened.

The civil war is shaping up to be a good game this year. The beavers have home field and a good team to defend it. However, if Oregon gets to dictate the tempo, the beavers do not have the firepower or the depth to hang with the ducks. I would prefer a large halftime lead for the ducks but I think OSU will hang tough for a quarter or so. Then, when you see OSU's defense with their hands on their knees and sucking air like they are on top of the Cascades......Its over. Chip has been running up the score as of late to get style points with the human voters and I don't care much for that but I understand the politics behind it. Razor thin margins separate the top 4 teams but only 2 get to go to the big dance. The sooner we get to a play off the better. I am also kind of not liking the conference championship game this year. If Oregon wins the next two games they are clearly the champions. I would rather the next best team from the north play the south for the chance to play in the Rose bowl.

Comment

Sigh. Oregon made too many mistakes and now the world knows why Chip doesn't go for field goals much. Credit to Stanford as they won a good hard fought game. Looks like ND is in the driver's seat and a lot of speculation as to who will join them. Might be a nightmare for the BCS because no matter what happens as far as picking #2, there is going to be a lot of angry teams on the outside looking in.

Comment

Well...one that can only be angry at themselves would be Ohio State.
                      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Just checked. The new BCS rankings haven't been posted yet. My guess...

1. Notre Dame
                        2. Alabama
                        3. Georgia
                        4. Florida
                        5. Oregon
                        sigpic

Comment

Mounties lost a heartbreaker....
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Well, the bowl match-ups are in.

The NC will be played by the "lucky as hell" Irish and the "overrated" Alabama. The SEC only has a 50% change of continuing the streak. Saban is giddy he does not have to play Oregon but he still has a Kelly pacing the opposite side of the field.

Fiesta bowl....Oregon and KState. Should be called the wildcard bowl. This game could be one for the ages or a sleeper if one gets too far ahead.

Rose bowl..... Stanford and Wisconsin. Wisconsin brought back Alvarez. The man is a legend but he is about to face a meat grinder with Stanford and Wisconsin is not as good as last year when they came up short with Oregon.

Sugar bowl....Florida and Louisville.....Louiville? Florida got lucky with this draw. Florida/Oregon would have brought more interest.

Cotton bowl...Texas A&M vs Oklahoma. This stands to be a slugfest and if Oklahoma holds up this will be a great game.

Comment

"...he [Alvarez] is about to face a meat grinder with Stanford and Wisconsin is not as good as last year when they came up short with Oregon."

Silly. How did that meatgrinder do against the Huskies? Seven point home winners against a 3-9 Washington State and all of 4 points against Oregon State on the farm. Wisconsin? Five losses this year by a total of 19 points. Three in overtime. To say we're not as good as last year is fair. To imply that we're over-matched. I doubt it.

Nebraska might have been though...

Comment

Working...
                              X