Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemingway AKA Hemmy

"Lord Of The Nap"

He belongs to my roomate, but he's long since switched loyalty to Yours Truly.

He's a "Hemingway cat" in name and in fact. :)
    Attached Files
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by M21Sniper View Post
      The mighty Achilles, lover of people, hunter of rodents.
      SNIPER WE HAVE THE SAME CAT!! THAT'S CHLOE!! Well, like Chloe. This is the only one I can find of her right now.
      Attached Files
      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
        Unbelievable how a cat can actually glare like that.
        He is being FORCED by the little girl he loves to wear little girl jewelry and to have barbie earrings clipped to his little ears. He puts up with a lot with all the hugging, kissing, laying on him and her grabbing his cheeks while telling him how handsome he is. She ties bows to his tail, put barrets in his fur, tries to make him be a horse for Barbie and occasionally attempts to put him in a doll stroller and be wheeled around. If there is a box or laundry basket nearby, he is guaranteed to be trapped underneath it while she sits guard on top to ensure he does not escape. He has had hair gel put in his fur and glitter body spray (purple at that) spritzed on his head.

Yet he stays around. He lets her do all this without so much as a scratch - WHICH HE COULD DO but he doesn't. He takes a deep breath and sucks it up.

I think Max is entitled to an occasional glare.
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Here is Freddie the Squirrel teasing Max. Freddie has been tamed to eat from our hands and she now hangs on the screen and eats while the cats sit ont he inside of the door and meow and hit the door. Every so often they will really make the squirrel mad and she will yell at them.
          Attached Files

Comment

• That is one tubby-assed cat.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
              That is one tubby-assed cat.
              LEAVE MAX ALONE!!

Comment

• My cats name is percy (don't look at me, I didn't name him). We got him as a 4 month old from a shelter. It's taken me 2 years but he no longer runs away from men and will now actually 'allow' me to pat him, and brings me dead birds to share.
                Just after we got him a dog barked at my wee girl when she walked out onto the street. Percy was their like a flash and basically ripped the dogs nose off before I could get to them. I love my cat.
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Pic 1.
                  Raja is now dead.

He's one of my three dogs that died due to a mysterious disease.My vet, who has about 30 years of experience behind him never figured out why they died.

One fine day they stop eating, look pretty bad on the second day and vomit, roll down and die the third day!

Pic 2.

Another victim.His name is Vijay.RIP.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Samudra; 20 Sep 06,, 17:09.

Comment

• Originally posted by Samudra View Post
                    Pic 1.
                    Raja is now dead.

He's one of my three dogs that died due to a mysterious disease.My vet, who has about 30 years of experience behind him never figured out why they died.

One fine day they stop eating, look pretty bad on the second day and vomit, roll down and die the third day!
                    That sounds like what my first Rat Terrier puppy died of. He had Parvo Virus. One day he stopped eating and drinking and when I would try and force water in him with an eyedropper he would yelp like he was being hurt. I took him to the Dr the next day and they put him on IVs and ran tests to find out he had Parvo. He was at the Drs office for about 4 days on IVs before he died. Apparently this is such a contagious thing that it was recommended that I not even bury him since it could get into the ground and infect any dog that came into contact with that soil.

Horrible seeing a puppy die from that.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal View Post
                      That sounds like what my first Rat Terrier puppy died of. He had Parvo Virus.

Horrible seeing a puppy die from that.
                      They said it could be a virus or something or nothing but nobody was really sure about what it was.It was all so damned quick! By the time its 48 hours since infection the dog is already half-dead.

These two, Raja and Vijay died in an interval of 10 days.

I googled for Parvo.Apparently there are vaccines available.Not sure if they're sold in India.Will remember that next time I get a puppy.Wait, I wont be getting another for quite some time.

Comment

• Doesn't your farm need dogs?

Comment

• An unofficial pet, a little stray kitten thats lives under the deck out back, free food and a place to sleep until he starts trusting humans enough to be picked up and put in a pet carrier & then whisked away to a new home or the Humane League.

Here's Mogli, adopted after the unfortunate passing of Harley. As the name implies, a wild kitten that was born in the woods behind my uncles house then the entire litter moved to the window well outside it. He is now a person friendly cat, but still stalks human feet from under the bed, or any part of you that moves under the blanket while your trying to fall asleep.

And there's Tibby, his mentor. Which bodes well for every other living thing in the immediate area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                            Doesn't your farm need dogs?
                            Badly Sir.
                            It needs atleast two dogs although it is relatively a small farm (8 acres).Which was why my dad brought pups after the earlier ones died.

Since only two people work here nobody would know if somebody jumped the fence and drove away the cows.

But I dont think I'll get any pup for the next three months atleast.Nobody including the farm hands are eager to feed another pup for sometime.

I saw only one pup die..others saw all the three roll up towards them and die a rather hard death.(we dont have guns here, you see)

Comment

• Weird, one of our farm dogs in India died the same way, couple months back.
                              But its kid is still alive, I guess I'll need to ask the doc about the virus. Ive noticed one thing though, the GSD in our home fell sick couple times, but none of our farm dogs ever fell sick. They are built rugged and all of a sudden one died
                              A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunatock View Post
                                Your post makes me desperately pine for a nice pet cat. :(
                                HD Ready?

Comment

Working...
                                X