Best Albums With NO Bad Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Albums With NO Bad Songs

Was mulling this over a few days ago on my way home from work: how many albums can you think of where EVERY single song was good? You know, one of those albums where you actually played BOTH sides of the LP, not just the one? In my experience, most albums have one or two good songs, and the rest is just filler. Throw your nominations out there, and we might make this a poll.

MY choices (in no particular order):

Aerosmith - Toys In the Attic
    Boston - Boston
    Def Leppard - Pyromania
    Journey - Infinity
    Journey - Evolution
    Led Zeppelin - IV
    Metallica - Master Of Puppets
    Rush - Moving Pictures
    Tom Petty - Damn the Torpedoes
    Van Halen - Van Halen (first album)

Honorable Mentions:

Guns 'N Roses - Appetite For Destruction
    Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    Phil Collins - No Jacket Required
    Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil
    ZZ Top - Eliminator
    Don Henley - Building The Perfect Beast
    Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
    Michael Jackson - Thriller

Rock on!
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

You forgot the greatest single album of all time.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is not bad either.....
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
        You forgot the greatest single album of all time.
        WAS going to nominate that one, but it's a greatest hits album, and that's kind of like, um, cheating; if that were the case, I'd add this:

And this:

And maybe this:

"There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

The Rolling Stones: Beggars Banquet
          Trust me?
          I'm an economist!

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
            Def Leppard - Pyromania
            How could you not include Hysteria??

As for Frampton Comes Alive....I just have 4 words for him: Put. The. Talkbox. DOWN. :bang:
            Last edited by TopHatter; 14 Jan 12,, 06:30.
            Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
              How could you not include Hysteria??
              Hysteria was a VERY close second to Pyromania (and, yes, I saw them in concert that year); Pyromania was DL's FIRST (of many) really good albums.

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
              As for Frampton Comes Alive....I just have 5 words for him: Put. The. Talk. Box. DOWN. :bang:
              LOL!

Hey, the talk box was a BIG DEAL in 1976!

Comment

Frampton? Michael Jackson?

No

Try these on for size
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                  WAS going to nominate that one, but it's a greatest hits album, and that's kind of like, um, cheating....
                  Umm...OK, I cheated.

But my personal favorite is:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok, the Gunny beat me to it on The Dark side of the Moon but.....

American Idiot?

Comment

My "Embarrassed to admit but I love this album so much" award goes to:
                      (and, yes, i loved every song on it)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Which was better? Back In Black or Highway To Hell? HTH had Bon Scott, BIB had that new guy (don't remember his name).

And, yeah, I could go with DSotM and Who's Next . . . .

Comment

Its a real solid album. The Gunny has liked Green Day since Dookie.

So there Mr Lilo and Stich

Comment

A few more. It was hard picking the Dylan Album. I could have chose just about any one of them. Its like picking your favorite Eric Clapton album

Anyway a few more.

And Yeller, I haven't even touched the K-Pop groups
                            Attached Files

Comment

Definitely Dylan's best pre-Band album; and I forgot about "Songs In The Key Of Life".

Comment

Working...
                              X