Military Drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Drill

Gents/Ladies/guests /spies , this is the most awesome drill i have ever seen in my life its just brilliant .no words of command except to start .Those are US made Garand M-1 rifles (WWII), and heavy weapons (9 POUNDS w/o bayonette EACH) and when that one young fellow goes on his own - YOU'VE NEVER SEEN A RIFLE SPUN THAT FAST - note the collective "Ooooooooo !" from the audience.

Só Riso Mail Vídeos Cómicos - Exibição de banda militar - Um espectáculo imperdível!
    Last edited by tankie; 03 Dec 10,, 17:17.

Originally posted by tankie View Post
    Gents/Ladies/guests /spies , this is the most awesome drill i have ever seen in my life its just brilliant .no words of command except to start .

Só Riso Mail Vídeos Cómicos - Exibição de banda militar - Um espectáculo imperdível!
    Excellent drill! Awesome!
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

US Navy Rifle Drill Team in Norway.:)

YouTube - Navy Norway
      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Impressive but hardly unique. Take a look at college football games where during halftime, you will see big massive cheerleading and bands drilling and marching in impressive formations. One of the best marching bands is Grambling. Google it and you will be impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
          US Navy Rifle Drill Team in Norway.:)

YouTube - Navy Norway
          I reckon it was the same show m8 , but the navy team only had a handful of men compared to the Norwegians , however still very impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
            Impressive but hardly unique. Take a look at college football games where during halftime, you will see big massive cheerleading and bands drilling and marching in impressive formations. One of the best marching bands is Grambling. Google it and you will be impressed.
            Ok m8 , this is one i found which while its good doesnt have crisp military edge , but yea well worth a look , cheers

YouTube - Grambling Marching Band (Colorado Crush Promo)

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
              Ok m8 , this is one i found which while its good doesnt have crisp military edge , but yea well worth a look , cheers

YouTube - Grambling Marching Band (Colorado Crush Promo)
              True. When I saw the Indian marching band march with precision, I thought it was the greatest marching band in the world until a friend pointed me out that it was no different from college marching bands drilling during halftime during college games and I was absolutely crestfallen. But still, kudos to those marching bands consisting of college teenagers with team spirit.

Here's a good video of Grambling Marching Band: YouTube - Bayou Classic 2008 Grambling Halftime Performance

Comment

It starts at an early age here , or did , i was in the boys brigade before i was 10 ,then in the army cadets , i spose i was indocrinated to military awareness from early on , we also have brass marching bands from pit villages as well as kids marching in their towns playing instruments , but the shows we have seen in this thread are the culmination of skill and damned hard work , kudos indeed to all . :cheers::cheers:

Comment

:notworthy: Awesome, the way they passed those heavy spinning rifles, with gleaming bayonets, and then fired them ( I take it that a blank round was chambered the whole time)! The Sgt Major never let us do anything like that in ROTC (not that we could have), but we did get to drill with M1's (quite heavy IIRC).
                  sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                  If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Working...
                  X