No announcement yet.

Youtube of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy decides that it was a very bad idea to have the hair on his head removed by pulling out with wax.

Comment

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Comment

• Gold!
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Whoever did this, is going to jail, when the Government finds out.
                  Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Happiness!

Comment

• Never knew this but apparently Bill Murray ad-lib this entire scene in Caddyshack.

Comment

• How nuclear bombs work, parts 1 & 2.

Comment

Comment

• I noticed in the national news that a rented Ferrari crashed at a little after midnight early this AM on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. I looked for a news video to post here, because the circumstances seem interesting (to me).

In the video, the car is trail braking with slight oversteer immediately before suffering excessive understeer (front end is pushing, is losing grip before the rear) going into the crash, so balance does not look horrible. Speed might be supralegal, but does not appear extreme. I think it might just be inappropriate tires for the ambient conditions.

I suspect that the driver (perhaps lacking some skill and experience) was caught by surprise by tires that were exhibiting a lot less grip in the cold a little after midnight than what was experienced earlier at warmer temperatures in mid-afternoon. The driver might not be experienced in the dangers of using high performance tires in colder conditions. I checked the weather history at nearby O'Hare airport and the air temperature at the time of the crash was 33degF at 00:51_AM on 28 November 2020, and was 45degF at 14:51_PM on 27 November, the preceding afternoon.

Modern high performance summer tires lose a lot of grip when tire temperatures fall much below 45degF, and some high performance summer tires can suffer permanent structural failure (cracking in the carcass, chunking in the tread) of the tire compounds at colder temperatures near 30degF. The highest performance summer tires sacrifice cold weather performance for higher grip at higher temperatures. All season high performance tires sacrifice some grip at high operating temperatures for better performance in cold weather. The rental agency might not be well aware of the need for a change to high performance all season tires at colder temperatures.

Weather history at O'Hare:
                            https://forecast.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KORD.html

Problems with high performance summer tires at colder ambient environment temperatures, two sources.
                            TireRack:
                            https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tiretec...jsp?techid=273
                            Continental Tire:
                            https://www.continental-tires.com/ca...ires-in-winter
                            Last edited by JRT; 29 Nov 20,, 18:33.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X