No announcement yet.

Your own photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its never too early to teach them right from wrong.... dirty diapers= jail time...

j/k

This picture was actually taken at Children's hospital when Alex had an almost lethal reaction to an adenovirus.
    Attached Files

Comment

• how to attach images from my own computer?? :red::red::red:

Comment

• Originally posted by jennyisfun View Post
        how to attach images from my own computer?? :red::red::red:

I keep mine on photobucket and they have these link copy and paste things that make it idiot proof for the most part.

Baalbek in Lebanon last Oct.

Comment

• I would love to see some of your forbidden city photos.
          Last edited by Pedicabby; 26 Apr 12,, 17:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by jennyisfun View Post
            how to attach images from my own computer?? :red::red::red:
            http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...tml#post412794

This thread is a good place to start.

If you select reply to thread, then select go advanced, then choose the paperclip icon - you will get to a manage attachments box. Selecting add files from the upper right hand side of the screen, you can browse your computer and select a photo. Then upload it (there are size limits), and select done or insert inline.
            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

• Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
              http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...tml#post412794

This thread is a good place to start.

If you select reply to thread, then select go advanced, then choose the paperclip icon - you will get to a manage attachments box. Selecting add files from the upper right hand side of the screen, you can browse your computer and select a photo. Then upload it (there are size limits), and select done or insert inline.
              there is no paperclip icon, i can not find it ? :red::wors:

Comment

• right, lets try this again
                Attached Files
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Damn. it keeps crashing on me, I'll post more photos tonight when I have time
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Parihaka; 27 Apr 12,, 04:19.
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• :wors::wors::wors:

you can not believe it!!! mine is smilies next to "undo" and " redo", there is nothing between them. and what makes me happy is that i have " check spelling" next to the " redo" , you dont have it :red:
                    .............. but i still feel down~~~~(>_<)~~~~

Comment

• Wasn't sure if I wanted to put this here or in the joke thread.
                      "Nature abhors a moron." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

• My (amended) speech at UC Berkeley commencement, May 12, 2012

Some thirty years ago, I sat where you are today, listening to a speaker whose name I don’t recall talking about something I can’t remember. I was proud, excited, and more than a bit apprehensive about what I was going to do next. Perhaps you feel the same way, today.

When I was a student, there was a war in Afghanistan, another in the Middle East, threats to American manufacturing jobs from Asian factories, worries about federal budget deficits, and complaints that taxes were too high and environmental standards too low. Like you, I was at Cal during one of the worst recessions in decades, and the job market didn’t look much more promising as graduation approached.

So, not much has changed. We’re still fighting wars, we’re still worried about the economy, we’re still complaining about taxes and we’re still not doing enough to protect our environment.

[omitted long passage about how the world actually has changed]

So, since I couldn’t click on a URL and Skype people in exotic places, I did what any sensible person would do and became an illegal alien. I moved out of my comfort zone, which was the Center for Chinese Studies Library in the basement of Barrows Hall.

I moved out of my apartment, and out of the country.

For the first time in my life, I became an ethnic minority, someone barely able to speak the language and not legally allowed to work in the place I chose to live.

[yada, yada, yada]
                        Attached Files
                        Trust me?
                        I'm an economist!

Comment

• Nice, Dor. Is there a happy ending? :)
                          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Commencement for asian studies dept?
                            There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• to continue with the bay area-theme.

one of my favorite parks, Skyline Park in napa, CA. great place for hiking-- before you go to the oyster farms, followed by the napa cheese and wine-fest.

Attached Files
                              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• JAD_333,

Happy ending? It isn’t a massage parlor . . .

Sorry, couldn’t resist. Yes, there is a happy ending: plenty of jobs for qualified people, so long as you’re willing to move abroad and accept lower pay to get some real world experience. From there, pay rises to meet capabilities.

As for the world as a whole, the main points of the speech were that we have dramatically reduced poverty, and are getting to grips with environmental degradation. Lots to do on both fronts, but there’s no reason to despair.

astralis,

Yes, the Group in Asian Studies commencement, both undergrad and grad students.

OT: Last time I was in Napa (last week), Skyline Park was about 50-60 miles from the ocean . . .
                                Trust me?
                                I'm an economist!

Comment

Working...
                                X