X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amled
    replied
    Often when working on the computer I put on Nitty Gritty Dirt Band’s: 'Will The Circle Be Unbroken” album,
    and when this number comes up, inevitably lean back and enjoy…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eq1m2s3rzE

Leave a comment:

• JRT
    replied
    Originally posted by Dexter_Gordon

A Night In Tunisia · Dexter Gordon · excerpted from the album Our Man In Paris, circa 1963, remastered 2003

Tenor Saxophone: Dexter Gordon
    Piano: Bud Powell
    Double Bass: Pierre Michelot
    Drums: Kenny Clarke
    Producer: Francis Wolff
    Recording Engineer: Claude Ermelin
    Mastering Engineer: Rudy Van Gelder
    Composer: Dizzy Gillespie
    Arranger: Frank Paparelli

Leave a comment:

• JRT
    replied
    Originally posted by Clifford_Brown

What Is This Thing Called Love · Clifford Brown · Max Roach Quintet, At Basin Street, circa 1956
    Last edited by JRT; 12 Sep 22,, 01:59.

Leave a comment:

• tbm3fan
    replied
    It is Wednesday and my day off and that means a habit I acquired some three decades ago I can continue today due to archives now. So I am listening to a set of hits from 1979 on Ten at Ten. See what you remember? Note "clear and present danger" wasn't used first by Tom Clancy.

https://www.kfogforever.com/playlist...e-30-2004-1979
    Last edited by tbm3fan; 31 Aug 22,, 18:42.

Leave a comment:

• Albany Rifles
    replied
    Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post

I remember him from his first appearance on "Laugh In' in 1968 but he didn't sing Tip Toe that first time. I also really believe Dick Martin was completely in the dark by what was happening given the look on his face
    I remember him on Carson…a late night snow day incidence. He was…an acquired taste. Paved the way for Weird Al!

Leave a comment:

• tbm3fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Amled View Post
    People loved him or hated him, with me it was just nostalgia when I came across this:
    Tiny Tim tiptoeing through the tulips!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfLU3Mv_O9w
    I remember him from his first appearance on "Laugh In' in 1968 but he didn't sing Tip Toe that first time. I also really believe Dick Martin was completely in the dark by what was happening given the look on his face

Leave a comment:

• Amled
    replied
    People loved him or hated him, with me it was just nostalgia when I came across this:
    Tiny Tim tiptoeing through the tulips!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfLU3Mv_O9w

Leave a comment:

• tbm3fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
    Should they still be called GIRLS? They are all over 30 . Maybe Women's Generation?
    You certainly have an interesting repertoire

I'm surprised you missed this one or have you. With a 13 year old son and Filipina wife I can't escape this stuff but I have to say he isn't bad. As for me I am an incredibly smart old man who married a younger Filipina dancer.

Last edited by tbm3fan; 20 Aug 22,, 00:59.

Leave a comment:

• Monash
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Well, they still make me a dirty old man.
    I've always preferred the term 'older man with excellent taste'.

Leave a comment:

• Monash
    replied
    I'm sorry, they all sound like the Smurfs and they all look like 'Asian' Barbie! I've always had trouble taking any band regardless of nationality etc that came out of the 'Boy/Girl Band manufacturing machine seriously.
    Last edited by Monash; 20 Aug 22,, 02:58.

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    Well, they still make me a dirty old man.

Leave a comment:

• Gun Grape
    replied
    Should they still be called GIRLS? They are all over 30 . Maybe Women's Generation?

Leave a comment:

• Gun Grape
    replied
    Fifteen years after posting their first single, the girls are back.

Girls Generation

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    With al lthe music deaths this last 2 weeks this thread has taken a slightly morbid turn, so I thought I'd post something I've been listening to by people who didn't die this week....before getting back to the obits (yep, there's more).

The Tedeschi/Trucks band is a sort of musical Brady Bunch, but good. Before they married Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi were highly respected blues musicians. Trucks, the nephew of Allman Brothers drummer Butch Trucks, formed his own band at age 15 & spent a number of years playing guitar with the Allman Bros as well. Susan Tedeschi is not only a great guitarist, but has a wonderfully soulful voice. In 2001 the couple married, and in 2007 they joined their bands to make one BIG band.

I saw them live a few years back and they were brilliant. Part way through teh set Tedeschi temporarily lost her voice & left the stage. The band began to jam to fill time. At some point I realized that what they were playing was a Miles Davis tune from his electric period. SO. COOL! I was LOVING it. What blues/soul band suddenly transforms itself into a 70s Miles Davis unit???

Anyway, they recently recorded a live show where they played the entirety of Derek & the Dominoes Layla & other assorted love songs live. It is great fun. Give it a listen (I think most or all of it is available on youtube).

Leave a comment:

• tbm3fan
    replied
    Wasn't a country music fan so rarely heard country music in the 70's unless the song could cross over like one from Johnny Cash. So her first song that I heard was Honestly I Love You in 1974 when 20. Actually, for me it was a lot like the bubble gum music at the end of the 60's. Then, as was their habit, the AM stations overplayed the song making me go "not again!" Then Grease came along, which I wouldn't have gone to see, except for Travolta after Saturday Night Fever and before that his stint on Welcome Back Kotter. That was the last I was aware of her since my musical tastes were far removed from her style. May she rest in peace...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X