Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Allrighty, I've got my ticket to the premiere, it is now 180910LMAY05. At 190001LMAY05 I'll be sitting in the cinema watching Star Wars a good ten-fifteen hours before the rest of you :)

I love living in Australia sometimes.
    SWANSEA 'TILL I DIE! - CARN THE CROWS!

Rule Britannia, No Surrender

Staff Cadet in the Australian Army Reserve.

Soli Deo Gloria

Originally posted by Ziska
    Allrighty, I've got my ticket to the premiere, it is now 180910LMAY05. At 190001LMAY05 I'll be sitting in the cinema watching Star Wars a good ten-fifteen hours before the rest of you :)

I love living in Australia sometimes.

Supposed to be one hell of a ride. Kevin Smith of Clerks fame, and a HUGE Star Wars fan had a private screening (at Cannes I think) and said some profanely glowing words of praise about it..."Fcuking awesome" or something like that
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

the circle is now complete....

i know this is sad, but despite being 34 my phone has an 'imperial theme tune' ringtone, darth vader breathing for text messages and lightsaber keypad tones.

i shall now sit in the shed for being a sad git.
      before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.................... then when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Man, I had a star wars doona cover on my bed up until I got married last year. Emily refuses to sleep under it :(

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

Not quite as big a fan of Star Wars as when Empire Strikes Back was in the theatres, but I am clinging to a strange notion that a chap, calls himself .44 hollowpoint is known as Ian Mcdiarimid IRL...

Comment

Haha, this is why i never chose computer programming as a living ;)
            "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

"Revenge of the Sith has won mixed reviews from critics, with some saying it shows Lucas back in top form after the first two deadly dull episodes of the prologue, while others have dismissed it as flat and futile."
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I'll catch it on DVD...
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

IMHO, the film is awesome. The action was great, the pace was just right, Hayden Christiansen was actually pretty good. There were no cringe-worthy scenes (like in Episode 2), and all in all, I give it 4 stars, plus 1/2 a star for being star wars :) I'd rate it up with the origionals.... almost. Not enough characters to quite make it though.

Go see it. General Grievious is cool. Oh yeah, best thing is that Jar Jar utters not a word during the whole thing.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

IMHO, the film is awesome. The action was great, the pace was just right, Hayden Christiansen was actually pretty good. There were no cringe-worthy scenes (like in Episode 2), and all in all, I give it 4 stars, plus 1/2 a star for being star wars :) I'd rate it up with the origionals.... almost. Not enough characters to quite make it though.

Go see it. General Grievious is cool. Oh yeah, best thing is that Jar Jar utters not a word during the whole thing.
                    I heard about Jar Jar's non-appearance. May I have an anticipatory snicker of delight? *heh heh* Actually, I was hoping somebody would lightsabre him into Gungan steaks.
                    The biggest fight I am going to have tomorrow is keeping our IT guy's mouth shut. He is going to see it tonight.
                    Hey, how many people here were old enough to see the original in the theater?
                    I wasn't old enough for the first release in 1977, just the 3rd release in 1979.
                    However I vividly remember Return of the Jedi in '83

Comment

I was born in 83 :) I was into star wars ever since I was little, and the re-releases in the 90's reinforced if bigtime.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

"Hey, how many people here were old enough to see the original in the theater?
                        I wasn't old enough for the first release in 1977, just the 3rd release in 1979.
                        However I vividly remember Return of the Jedi in '83"

I saw the original at the drive in. Then i saw it at a regular theater, then i saw it about a dozen other times at the theater...then they invented the VCR, and i saw it about 100 freakin' times.

LOL...i know that movie line for line, even now. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                          "Hey, how many people here were old enough to see the original in the theater?
                          However I vividly remember Return of the Jedi in '83"

I saw the original at the drive in. Then i saw it at a regular theater, then i saw it about a dozen other times at the theater...then they invented the VCR, and i saw it about 100 freakin' times.

LOL...i know that movie line for line, even now. ;)

Heh heh....glad to know I'm not the only one

When I was a kid, I simply could not believe that something so friggin cool even existed. I was particulary obsessed with the Millenium Falcon's quad gun turrets.
                          A perfectly normal thing for a 5 year old I think

Comment

Two questions.

1. Does Jar-Jar die as rumored?

2. Is Christopher Lee/Count Dooku severly underused in this episode as well?

Comment

Jar-Jar doesn't say a freakin' word(thank god)
                              Anakin cuts Dooku a new heiney hole.

LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X