Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M21Sniper
    Jar-Jar doesn't say a freakin' word(thank god)
    Anakin cuts Dooku a new heiney hole.

LOL.
    More spoilers! Count Dooku dies...The Empire rises to power...Anakin goes to the side of evil. Damn people that have to ruin everything. ;)

Comment

"Hey, how many people here were old enough to see the original in the theater?
      I wasn't old enough for the first release in 1977, just the 3rd release in 1979.
      However I vividly remember Return of the Jedi in '83"

I saw the original at the drive in. Then i saw it at a regular theater, then i saw it about a dozen other times at the theater...then they invented the VCR, and i saw it about 100 freakin' times.

LOL...i know that movie line for line, even now. ;)

I saw the original in '77 about two weeks after it premiered. I was 6 and it was the first PG movie my parents let me see. Caught the other two originals also when they first came out. And many many many times since.

I'm not a total star wars geek but i am taking off tomorrow night to go see it...

If you are a halfway geek like me, check out TheForce.net and the hard corps geeks. It makes me feel downright well-adjusted to listen to those folks.

BTW has anyone seen the Triumph dog bit harassing the people in line to see Episode 2? Hysterical. The best is when he asks a very pregnant fan if she is giving birth to another nerd. She says "yes, another Jedi" and he tells her that the birth will be the last time the little nerd ever sees female genitalia. LOL
      Rule 303

Comment

Everyone in this town is ou of control, they are totally into Star Wars ... I cant understand why lol, its just a movie to me. Yeah, the first 3 (77,79,83) were good and should be listed as classics but the 1999 one just ruined it for me, it was a total bore in my opinion. I heard 2002 wasent much better. Maybe ill go see this one this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
          Everyone in this town is ou of control, they are totally into Star Wars ... I cant understand why lol, its just a movie to me. Yeah, the first 3 (77,79,83) were good and should be listed as classics but the 1999 one just ruined it for me, it was a total bore in my opinion. I heard 2002 wasent much better. Maybe ill go see this one this weekend.
          Yeah, pretty much the case Chris. The prequels concentrate so damn hard on the visual effects that they lose what made the originals so successful. PEOPLE! REAL HUMAN ACTORS! Who gives a flying fcuk if 10,000 CGI characters get mowed down?

I recall a documentary called From Star Wars to Jedi that was made not too long after Return of the Jedi came out. During one of the interviews George Lucas says "A special effect is just a tool. A special effect with a story is a pretty boring thing". DING DING DING!! Give the man a Kewpie Doll!
          Apparently this does not apply to CGI effects.
          “Never let yourself be persuaded that any one Great Man, any one leader, is necessary to the salvation of America. When America consists of one leader and 158 million followers, it will no longer be America.”
          ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

The movie was very solid, but by no means did it match the feel of the first three.

It was Good, but still, to me....a dissapointment.

Comment

The movie was very solid, but by no means did it match the feel of the first three. It was Good, but still, to me....a dissapointment.

********* SPOILERS ************

Oh to be sure, it blew away Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.
              There was some honestly gut-wrenching parts in it, especially when the Jedi were stabbed in the back by the clones and when the younglings innocently ask Anakin what they should do, and he responds by igniting his saber.
              But yeah....disappointing is what I felt after the credits started to roll.
              I turned to the woman sitting next to me and said "I waited 25 years for THAT??" She cracked up
              “Never let yourself be persuaded that any one Great Man, any one leader, is necessary to the salvation of America. When America consists of one leader and 158 million followers, it will no longer be America.”
              ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
              X