Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iron Sky: a movie that you absolutely gotta see:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Sky: a movie that you absolutely gotta see:)

Intro

Official theatre trailer

If anyone is interested in the soundtrack for the trailer, I believe it is this

The band (laibach) has fascistic/nazi political leanings .. I tend to ignore them.... nevertheless I like the song.
    "Who says organization, says oligarchy"

Comment

Another victim of the political correctness and excessive sensitivity I see.

Laibach is no Nazi band nor anything close to one.

Comment

Originally posted by mustavaris View Post
        Another victim of the political correctness and excessive sensitivity I see.

Laibach is no Nazi band nor anything close to one.
        Music videos involve Nazi-themed art and costumes...

Just do a quick google search.

When confronted with such accusations, Laibach are quoted as replying with the ambiguous response "We are fascists as much as Hitler was a painter".
        For publicity and shock-value.

They tread the line, considering that the martial-industrial scene is home to many openly fascist/nazi bands.

Comment

I have never ever seen a real connection though. Some Nazi regalia does not mean anything and there are plenty of fascist and nazi bands in all of the music scenes even though the martial-industrial scene does indeed have many genuine right wing bands.

Comment

Originally posted by mustavaris View Post
            I have never ever seen a real connection though. Some Nazi regalia does not mean anything and there are plenty of fascist and nazi bands in all of the music scenes even though the martial-industrial scene does indeed have many genuine right wing bands.
            I personally don't understand what perverse fascination people get from wearing SS uniforms, considering they were glorified butchers and prison-guards. I dislike this pseudo-Nazism worse than full blown Nazism, because at least with the latter, it is marginalized culturally from ever integrating into the mainstream. The former under the auspices of "art" will slowly make its way into society. After the shock value, people become desensitized, and eventually, tune it out. It becomes normal - such a thing shouldn't be taken normally.

Comment

I never knew the Slovenes are popular abroad.

Wayrafer, if they were in any way connected with Nazi's back in the 80's when they formed they'd just vanish in former Yugoslavia.

Have you ever heard any of their older songs?

In your defense, Laibach is the German toponym for Ljubljana, the capitol of Slovenia.

Never liked their music and the controversy around them.
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                I never knew the Slovenes are popular abroad.

Wayrafer, if they were in any way connected with Nazi's back in the 80's when they formed they'd just vanish in former Yugoslavia.

Have you ever heard any of their older songs?

In your defense, Laibach is the German toponym for Ljubljana, the capitol of Slovenia.

Never liked their music and the controversy around them.
                From wiki, you are right

A notable example was MB 84 Memorandum (1984) an image of a black cross that served as a way to advertise Laibach's appearances during a period in the 1980s when the government of Yugoslavia banned the name "Laibach".
                The visual imagery of Laibach's art (or 'Laibach Kunst', as it calls itself) has been . Another aspect of this woodcut is the large typefaced word 'LAIBACH', evoking memories of the Nazi occupation of Slovenia (when the capital city was briefly known as Laibach). This piece was featured prominently during a TV interview of Laibach in 1983, during which the interviewer Jure Pengov called Laibach "enemies of the people."
                Not heard their older music. This was probably their only track I liked. I have crasser tastes in music - metallica, megadeth etc. This is (mostly) too high-brow for me

Comment

I love a good sci-fi or fantasy movie as much as anybody, but I also enjoy poking holes at them. Presuming for a moment a few hundred Nazis escaped to the moon in 1945, I think 2012 would find the survivors huddling in misery in a couple of domes a few dozen meters across, worrying about food and water, rather than a massive industrial complex which has managed to create dozens or hundreds of flying Tiger tanks. That sort of industrial transformation of a barren land couldn't even be done on Earth.

But I'll still probably see the movie! ;)

Comment

Nah, those übermensch can do anything:D This film rocked the Berlin Film Festival, so be ready!

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                    I love a good sci-fi or fantasy movie as much as anybody, but I also enjoy poking holes at them. Presuming for a moment a few hundred Nazis escaped to the moon in 1945, I think 2012 would find the survivors huddling in misery in a couple of domes a few dozen meters across, worrying about food and water, rather than a massive industrial complex which has managed to create dozens or hundreds of flying Tiger tanks. That sort of industrial transformation of a barren land couldn't even be done on Earth.

But I'll still probably see the movie! ;)

Comment

Working...
                    X