Any good SF drama recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    I still have a problem with all these movies. If I was the alien master race, why the hell shall I come to down to atmosphere? What is so wrong about dropping rocks from orbit and beyond the range of earth based rockets?
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    The only thing I remembered being similar was the ROBOTECH series where a Celine Dion clone whose singing paralyzed the alien race attacking earth.
    Min mei.

Jailbait.

That second in command chick was hotter.

Those aliens might have been paralyzed by Min Mei's singing but they were the only alien race to do a proper earth bombardment with nukes...

Last edited by YellowFever; 24 Dec 11,, 18:26.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
      Those aliens might have been paralyzed by Min Mei's singing but they were the only alien race to do a proper earth bombardment with nukes...
      No need for nukes, just get the projectiles going fast enough and KE will do the job for you, with no nasty radiation leftovers.
      I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral View Post
        No need for nukes, just get the projectiles going fast enough and KE will do the job for you, with no nasty radiation leftovers.
        Yup, like the Gamelons did.

Comment

this was posted by George Takei at his facebook today.
          Attached Files
          “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

What are peoples thoughts on both "Falling Skies" and "Terra Nova" I have managed to catch a few episodes of both and though both seemed decent.

Regards

Arty
            "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

I liked Falling Skies....haven't watched Terra Nova...up against too much sports.
              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
              Mark Twain

Comment

I've seen every Terra Nova program so far - it's a very interesting concept but too much family-oriented.

Comment

All your questions about what to watch, answered in one handy chart: Which SciFi Series Should You Watch on NetFlix? This Handy Flowchart Will Help You Decide! - SF Signal – A Speculative Fiction Blog
                  I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

hey all,

Blood and Chrome is now out. You can watch it legally in Youtub
                    Browse|Movies |Upload
                    "Episode 1" - Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome

“the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

• Originally posted by xinhui View Post
                      hey all,

Blood and Chrome is now out. You can watch it legally in Youtub
                      Browse|Movies |Upload
                      "Episode 1" - Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome

Saw it, meh.
                      Not worth the time.
                      For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

• yeah, it is not as deep nor dark as the reimagined. Then again, the reimagined did get carried away, especially during the last season.

Blood and Chrome is fun, is brainless, it is topgun in space!

Comment

• Originally posted by xinhui View Post
                          yeah, it is not as deep nor dark as the reimagined. Then again, the reimagined did get carried away, especially during the last season.

Blood and Chrome is fun, is brainless, it is topgun in space!
                          Gotta agree that the reimagined one went off the rails after season 2.
                          But i did not much like top gun and so could not stomach the nonsense toe to toe gunfights in space.

I would much prefer someone showing space actions like those depicted by Ian Douglas in his books.
                          Last edited by bolo121; 28 Nov 12,, 04:50.
                          For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                            Gotta agree that the reimagined one went off the rails after season 2.
                            But i did not much like top gun and so could not stomach the nonsense toe to toe gunfights in space.

I would much prefer someone showing space actions like those depicted by Ian Douglas in his books.
                            Since I started this thread, I did watch the entire Battlestar Galactica remake, and I did enjoy it thoroughly. It had some weird spots... they never did explain just why a cylon-human hybrid was so critical. But overall, I thought it was a lot of fun. One thing it did have which I thought was good, and that was, no aerodynamics in space. Craft could flip end for end or jink sideways.

Falling skies - I'm liking it. The cliffhanger from last season was brilliant. New aliens; here to help, or harm? I'm thinking they are there to help the human race, given the implications of the gigantic weapon the bad aliens had created pointing skyward, when humanity no longer had an air or space threat.

Currently watching Star Trek DS-9. It's OK, weak writing in season 1 hurt it, but it's getting better.

Tera Nova - great premise, terrible execution. The story-line should be on survival, not some father-son feud.

Comment

• Last night I had a dream that I was cast in the new Star Wars movie as an Ewok bounty hunter with a checkered past. I got to kill Jar Jar and then blame it on that whiny little bitch, Wicket. I got to kill him too. It was awesome.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Whenever I think of Ewoks, I think of a fully modern Armored Division with body armor and modern weapons, vs the Sioux or Cheyenne.

And the Native Americans win decisively.

Comment

Working...
                                X