No announcement yet.

Any good SF drama recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's not also forget that my parents are both religious. That was also probably a driving factor...
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Watched BSG to the end but will not invest the time to watch the new one as it left me with a vey bad after taste.

If Ron Moore is not involved, might give it a try.

Booster Gold is an old comic character from DC Comics.

The comic sucked so I'm not anticipating it that much.

What I need is for someone to remake "Robotech-Macross Saga" or "Star Blazers".

Fat chance of that happening....

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
        What I need is for someone to remake "Robotech-Macross Saga" or "Star Blazers".

Comment

Dude, what the hell was that?!
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Japanese missing Godzilla
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

It is based on an old japanese cartoon where, after most of earth has been destroyed by an hostile alien race, the WWII battleship Yamate gets turned into a spaceship to breakthrough the enemy lines to find another alienrace which promised earth technology that would save their planet. This is were someone usually says "it makes sense in context"..but..I dont think it would apply here. In the US this was known as Star Blazzers.

The show has been accused of being nothing much more than japanese wish fulfilment wrt to the second world war.

Comment

Im surprised Space Above and Beyond hasnt got a mention yet you can get teh complete series in Bestbuy at teh moment for about $19. Only lasted one short season but I absolutely loved the show.

I am also surprised Farscape hasnt got a mention. It took a while to grow on me but by the end I was watching it religiously.

Regards

Arty
                "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

Umm......no.

I um downloaded that movie and watched the first ten minutes and deleted it.

It sucked bad.

I'm hoping for an American remake as Japanese movie produtcion value is somewhere below old Soviet Union's..

Comment

Well there would also be the upcoming Iron Sky. A Finnish Scifi Comedy

Comment

BTW.....

anybody know anything more about this movie?

Set to release in the states on Christmas but don't know if it's a Russian movie or a film shot in Russia...

Comment

imdb says it is US movie, English language, happening in Moscow.

The Darkest Hour (2011) - IMDb
                        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

The space battleship movie is so bad that its good... Sometimes a silly movie is just the thing, and its so heroic
                          The soundtrack reminds me of that mournful Soviet choral music, so sad and purposeful...
                          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
                            Oh my god that brings back memories.

I grew up watching The Yamato.

I just finished watching series 1, 2, and the next 2 mini series....again.

Now I have to watch this one.
                            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                              Oh my god that brings back memories.

I grew up watching The Yamato.

I just finished watching series 1, 2, and the next 2 mini series....again.

Now I have to watch this one.
                              Don't bother, dude.

By the end of the first ten minutes, I was hoping they would revert to form and was wishing for horny monsters with alot of tentacles.....

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                                Firefly was one of the best sci fi shows ever. Just like all great sci fi shows, it was canceled before its time. And of course Morena Baccarin was hawt!

Stargate seasons 1 through 7 were great. I have DVDs of seasons 1-8, and 10 (just for Morena Baccarin because she was hawt!).

Eureka is a fun show. Very light hearted with near zero drama, which is what I prefer.

The X-Files, if you haven't seen it, was great from season 1 through 7. I don't have any of the DVDs because Morean Baccarin wasn't in it.

Haven is a pretty good show, very X-file-esque. Emily Rose is hot, not Morea Baccarin hawt but a very different flavor.

Warehouse 13 is an interesting concept. It's almost like the old "Friday the 13th, the series" years ago.

Of course there's the British classic, Doctor Who. It has an entirely different style of imagination than American sci fi shows.

Here's an old (maybe 9 years ago?) show called "Special Unit 2." It's a parody show making fun of the X-files and vampires. It ran for 2 half seasons on UPN way back then. Syfy channel occasionally runs this show during the day. I would buy the DVD set if it was ever released, even without Morena Baccarin in the show.

I know, someone will ask if I have seen the new "V" since Morena Baccarin was in it. No, I haven't. She chopped her hair in that show.
                                My sci-fi brother from another mother!!! Ditto!!

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                                serenity was funny. however, the choppy attempts at chinese used by everyone started to grate against my ears after a while.
                                You should watch the whole series and you would understand how that language came about.

Damn sci-fi cherries!! Its not supposed to be proper chinese.:slap:

Comment

Working...
                                X