No announcement yet.

Battlestar: Blood & Chrome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B5 huh.... bad acting, cheesy dialog, and 1980's CGI.
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

All these Space movies and serials leave me cold. About the only one I truly enjoyed was Star Trek NG TV series, because of the writing only, which was excellent.

I just can't get past space ships that are aerodynamic, bank in space when they turn, and make noise. I understand you need sound or the audience will fall asleep, but for the love of God, stop with the aerodynamics in space! AND the stupid blaster guns the fighters use! Is it a laser gun? Then why do the "bullets" travel so slowly? Is it an energy weapon? It'd still have a velocity close to light. We left guns behind already...
      :maddest:

WHERE ARE THE SWARMS OF MISSILES IN SPACE? That is what they'd use. Probably the most accurate space weapons in cinema were used by the original Kirk and crew in Star Trek. Phasers = light-speed laser device. Photon torpedos... guided missiles with anti-matter (super-nuke) warheads. I'm on board with those.

The first Star Wars movie - Banking, aerodynamic X-wing fighters dive onto the death star where they are met by Storm Troopers manning a freaking BOFORS cannon. Right out of WW2 news clips of the Pacific theater. Those X-wings would have been met by a barrage of laser weapons and THOUSANDS of intelligent drone missiles. :madder:

MANNED fighters? They have AI in C3PO. Let the damned robots man the fighters.

OK, I'm done... ;)

Comment

Working...
      X