• Show
Clear All

• Dreadnought
    replied
    [QUOTE=RustyBattleship;646568]
    Originally posted by citanon View Post
    The theory is that he died of auto-erotic asphyxiation.QUOTE]

auto-EROTIC? At age 72? Alone?
    You know what they say about "One night in Bangkok".:))

Leave a comment:

• DragoonGuard
    replied
    Yes really sad, a great actor gone.....

I was watching his manager on the Larry King show with others discussing what happened....Interesting to hear their (his family) side of this event, in that it sounds really hard to believe this was either suicide, or accidental death.

The hotel would not release their cc tv footage of within the hotel to begin with and I dont know if they ever have - Bit odd dont you think?

Leave a comment:

• SnowLeopard
    replied
    Well, I was overseas for a lot of Kung Fu.......either that, or I was arguing with my older brother on Thursday nights who wanted to watch "The Waltons". But he was always a name in the movies that could get me to watch the movie, whether it was "Death Race 2000" or "Warlords" or "Project Eliminator".....one was looking at some pretty poor movies as time went on but with him in the cast, it made a pleasant diversion.

............which, if I was a villian like him, I'd want to be Bill. All villians die, of course, but they often get the best lines. Plus, when he arrived outside the chapel, he showed the world that one can be old and still be cool.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    ("That was Wednesday night. This is Wednesday morning - all over again. This is why I have been sent to you, to keep resetting time until you learn from your failures. Only you will carry with you the memory of what has happened before. And each time you fail, you will learn more until ultimately you will kill all of them."--Tempus (David), (w,stte), Charmed "Deja Vu All Over Again")

Leave a comment:

• pate
    replied
    Anyhow, the man passed on, whatever the circumstances I still say tragic. We may not all be fans of the man, but I think that he should Rest In Peace and we should not reminesce (sp) on the circumstances of his death but celebrate his life. If we even take note of his life. I was trying to be respectful, not open up speculation...

I think he was a good man, it is sad that he is gone from the mortal coil. I'd like to leave it at that; even minor celebrities deserve some sort of privacy in their civilian lives.

Don't take that away from the man, please.

Leave a comment:

• citanon
    replied
    [QUOTE=RustyBattleship;646568]
    Originally posted by citanon View Post
    The theory is that he died of auto-erotic asphyxiation.QUOTE]

He had five wives and four divorces. The latest Mrs. Carradine:

http://hollywood.premiere.com/movie_...nnie+Carradine

The man was certainly not lacking in that department. Maybe practicing Qi Gong (which he actually did) has its benefits.

The details still seem to be sketchy. Some reports say that his wrists were also bound, some say that information was false. I hope it was not foul play. :(
    Last edited by citanon; 06 Jun 09,, 07:44.

Leave a comment:

• RustyBattleship
    replied
    Originally posted by Herodotus View Post
    Meh. To be honest I was never that impressed with his acting ability. I saw him in the "Kung Fu: Legend Continues" series in one or two episodes. I did not think much of that series. The only other work I saw him in was the Kill Bill movies. He was a decent B list movie actor but never quite as good as his father.

Unfortunate way to die though.
    I never really cared for the "Legend Continues" series. I liked the original series better.

Actually, we was in his element in Westerns. As I mentioned earlier, he hosted a show called "Wild West Tech" and seemed to have a lot of fun showing some of the technology, legends and myths of the 19th century. They did one episode on prostitution and at the end of the show he rode off in a carriage with 4 beautiful women, smiled wide at the camera and said, "I LOVE my JOB".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Meh. To be honest I was never that impressed with his acting ability. I saw him in the "Kung Fu: Legend Continues" series in one or two episodes. I did not think much of that series. The only other work I saw him in was the Kill Bill movies. He was a decent B list movie actor but never quite as good as his father.

Unfortunate way to die though.

Leave a comment:

• RustyBattleship
    replied
    [QUOTE=citanon;646564] The theory is that he died of auto-erotic asphyxiation.QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• citanon
    replied
    Originally posted by pate View Post
    I heard this on the radio earlier today. They mentioned that the circumstances of his death were a bit fishy. That's all I am going to say on that out of respect for the dead.
    QUOTE]

This has already been noted on other Internet news reports. Some say he was tangled up in some ropes and accidentally hanged and his death MAY have been an accident.

Sounds fishy to me too.
    He was found with rope around his neck and around certain other areas. The theory is that he died of auto-erotic asphyxiation.

I really liked his Kung Fu series. Kung Fu: The Legend Continues has been a guilty pleasure. I read an account of him at a round table discussion for Bound for Glory and was surprised to find that he shared my views on unions. He has also said that he is, by nature, terminally shy and has had to struggle all his life for his achievements.

I respect the man and regret his loss. I'm sure he will be missed by many.

R. I. P.
    Last edited by citanon; 06 Jun 09,, 06:55.

Leave a comment:

• RustyBattleship
    replied
    [QUOTE=pate;646538]
    I heard this on the radio earlier today. They mentioned that the circumstances of his death were a bit fishy. That's all I am going to say on that out of respect for the dead.
    QUOTE]

This has already been noted on other Internet news reports. Some say he was tangled up in some ropes and accidentally hanged and his death MAY have been an accident.

Sounds fishy to me too.

Leave a comment:

• pate
    replied
    I liked Kung Fu, and some of the commercials he's done lately were a bit funny.

Tragic in any case...

Leave a comment:

• RustyBattleship
    replied
    So far, every news comumn or report relates him only to his Kung Fu movies.

He was also a good Western actor and appeared with his two brothers playing a trio of an actual trio of brothers that were Robbers in the Old West. James and Stacey Keach also played brother in the same movie.

Just a year or so ago, David and his brother Keith hosted a TV educational series called "Wild West Tech" to demonstrate the level of technology available in the 19th century.

Also, and this is very important, during a TV interview he was uncomfortable knowing people thought he really was Chinese. He was very serious when he countered that, "Actually I'm an Irish-American". The way he said it, you knew he was getting tired of being type-cast as an Asian even for doing commercials.

I'm sorry to see such a good man and great talent meet his end this way.

Leave a comment:

• Dreadnought
    replied
    Tis better to bend like the reed, then snap like the stick grasshopper. R.I.P. Caine ;)

Leave a comment:

• Deltacamelately
    replied
    R.i.p

Leave a comment:

• Chogy
    replied
    My brother and I grew up watching Kung-Fu. We would beat each other senseless after every episode, until my poor mother would scream "ENOUGH!" The episodes where he encountered Indians (PC = Native Americans) were especially interesting; elite warriors from different cultures going at it.

Grasshopper has snatched the last pebble. RIP Mr. Carradine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X