Scariest Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scariest Movies

With today being Halloween, I thought it would be fun to list our favorite scariest movies.

1. Silence of the Lambs (took me three times watching it before I realized that he had cut the face off of one of the guards. Couldn't tell before because I was watching it through my fingers)
    2. Sixth Sense
    3. The Shining
    4. Jaws (shared my popcorn with everyone sitting near me when the head fell through the boat).
    5. The Blair Witch Project
    6. Halloween (of course, but the 1st one only)
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
    sigpic

For some reason whenever I watch a horror film I end up laughing a lot, they are really very funny if you look at them in the right way, the first time I saw 28 days later made me jump quite a bit though.
    Nulli Secundus
    People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Comment

John Carpenter's remake of "The Thing."

Alien
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

The Chucky series scares the crap out of me, I cannot even look at my Grandaughters dolls without breaking out into a cold sweat and becoming all survivalist again...........almost to the point I will get a gun in the house.............. my Grandaughters tease me they are cruel
        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Rosemary's Baby-the psychological horror, and twisted ending, and knowing what had happened to Polanski around the time of the filiming.

Nosefratu-Max Shrek's vampire is still creepy and eerie.

Halloween-the first one; original and effective

The Omen-the orginial conveyed hopelessness.

I find today's horror movies have lost their edge; all blood and gore and little suspense.

Comment

The very first horror "film" I went to see as a youngster was "The Phantom of the Opera" when we left the "Picture house" we had to go towards the front to the exit, the place still had an old pipe organ in front of the stage.......... I ran passed it and out the door
            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
              The Chucky series scares the crap out of me, I cannot even look at my Grandaughters dolls without breaking out into a cold sweat and becoming all survivalist again...........almost to the point I will get a gun in the house.............. my Grandaughters tease me they are cruel
              I have never seen any of the Chucky movies!

Originally posted by Herodotus View Post
              Rosemary's Baby-the psychological horror, and twisted ending, and knowing what had happened to Polanski around the time of the filiming.

Nosefratu-Max Shrek's vampire is still creepy and eerie.

Halloween-the first one; original and effective

The Omen-the orginial conveyed hopelessness.

I find today's horror movies have lost their edge; all blood and gore and little suspense.
              I forgot about "The Omen". The older movies are definitley a lot better than what's out there now!
              “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
              sigpic

Comment

The Fog

Comment

The Exorcist................ the head spinning and the green slime ........ scary !!

The Zombies give me nightmares, even to this day I cant watch anything to do with them. Not even Michael Jacksons Thriller Video. Guess what? Now I wont sleep a wink.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    John Carpenter's remake of "The Thing."

Alien

the thing? was that with Kurt Russell and Wilford Brimley? if so, that was an awesome movie - old , but a recommended watch :)

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
                      The Exorcist................ the head spinning and the green slime ........ scary !!

The Zombies give me nightmares, even to this day I cant watch anything to do with them. Not even Michael Jacksons Thriller Video. Guess what? Now I wont sleep a wink.
                      The music for The Exorcist was great. Same with Halloween, Jaws, all the older movies. Every time I heard the music from those kind of movies I would get goose bumps all over!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steelface581 View Post
                        the thing? was that with Kurt Russell and Wilford Brimley? if so, that was an awesome movie - old , but a recommended watch :)
                        Old? That's the new one. The old one was made in the 1950s. I caught it on AMC once and it was way cheesy.
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                          Old? That's the new one. The old one was made in the 1950s. I caught it on AMC once and it was way cheesy.
                          No bud,the movie's not old,we're old;).
                          "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The first nightmare on elm street and Alien. When I saw each for the first time it scared the crap out of me.

Comment

The Exorcist
                              Night Of The Living Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X