James Bond has died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Bond has died

Just saw that Sean Connery passed away at the age of 90 in breaking news. He will no doubt live forever as James Bond which he tried to escape but will give him an immortality that few other actors ever achieve.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/31/enter...ntl/index.html

A legend. May he RIP.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Sean Connery walks into a bar and takes a seat next to a very attractive woman. He gives her a quick glance, and then casually looks at his watch for a moment. The woman notices this and asks, "Is your date running late?" "No," he replies, "Q has just given me this state-of-the-art watch. I was just testing it." The intrigued woman says, "A state-of-the-art watch? What's so special about it?" Bond explains, "It uses alpha waves to talk to me telepathically." The lady says, "What's it telling you now?" "Well, it says you're not wearing any panties." The woman giggles and replies, "Well it must be broken because I'm wearing panties!" Bond smirks, taps his watch and says, "Bloody thing's an hour fast." RIP.

Comment

My wife and I are currently in the Placio Estoril, just down the road from Lisboa. The photos lining the hotel walls include countless royalty, Diana Ross, Joan Baez, Gina Lollabrigida, … and, while filming “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service”, George Lazenby and Diana Rigg!

Once is a pleasant encounter, twice, coincidence, but three times is enemy action, or words to that effect.
        Trust me?
        I'm an economist!

Comment

A great charismatic actor! One of a kind!
          My own favorite film where he starred: “The Man Who Would Be King”, where he worked with Michael Caine.
          Caine later related an anecdote from that film.
          Connery had apparently worked partly on a percentage of the gate on this picture, and felt that the production company was short-changing him.
          He demanded to see the full books on production costs, and got then. Then he and his wife went minutely over them item by item,
          and discovered that he had been short changed.
          Took the company to court and won!
          Result: United Artists went into receivership!!!
          As Caine related, when it came to money Connery was arch-typical Scottish!!!

When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
            My wife and I are currently in the Placio Estoril, just down the road from Lisboa. The photos lining the hotel walls include countless royalty, Diana Ross, Joan Baez, Gina Lollabrigida, … and, while filming “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service”, George Lazenby and Diana Rigg!

Once is a pleasant encounter, twice, coincidence, but three times is enemy action, or words to that effect.
            My favorite factoid about George Lazenby was he was a model and was laying every other model he could. He went to the Bond try out on a whim on an urging from his agent. He won in a walkaway.

And the reception to his Bond was very positive.

So why did he walk away...cause he wasn't getting laid as much!!!

And I subjected 2 different girl friends in high school to The Man Who Would Be King at the movies!
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X