Google Earth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Earth.

Well call me slow and behind the eight ball if you will but COOOOOOL!

If you move to 41 degrees, 17' 39.72" S
    by 174 degrees, 45' 19.30" E

and set your eye alt at 329m

the hand icon will be resting atop the roof of my house.
    The little white dot a couple of pixels west of the house is my motorbike. :)

If you want to know why we're good sailors, zoom out from my house to the whole globe and see how New Zealand sees the rest of the world.

Anybody else got some good locations?
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Originally posted by parihaka
    Well call me slow and behind the eight ball if you will but COOOOOOL!

If you move to 41 degrees, 17' 39.72" S
    by 174 degrees, 45' 19.30" E

and set your eye alt at 329m

the hand icon will be resting atop the roof of my house.
    The little white dot a couple of pixels west of the house is my motorbike. :)

If you want to know why we're good sailors, zoom out from my house to the whole globe and see how New Zealand sees the rest of the world.

Anybody else got some good locations?
    To find mine go to
    34° 7'45.48"N
    and
    118° 2'37.93"W

Comment

Nice pool in the backyard

Leibniz

Comment

Haha good morning Parihaka!

Will check out your place in a bit, always wanted to since you posted the bird pictures... GE's a memory hog and got something goin on.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
          Haha good morning Parihaka!

Will check out your place in a bit, always wanted to since you posted the bird pictures... GE's a memory hog and got something goin on.
          If you zoom out from my place a bit, the valley system directly west of mine is the wildlife sanctuary, with 2 small lakes in it and lots of bush. :) the brown line around the valley is the predator-proof fence.
          Last edited by Parihaka; 11 Jul 06,, 11:39.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
            If you zoom out from my place a bit, the valley system directly west of mine is the wildlife sanctuary, with 2 small lakes in it and lots of bush. :) the brown line around the valley is the predator-proof fence.
            You guys got sulphur crested cockatoos in NZ too? I had planned to do my Masters in Mass Communication in Australia, had planned to take Koko (my bird) along and ease him into the wildlife there. A big bird like that is meant to be free, but he's a pampered guy and will need special care.

Can't let him into the wild in Pak. He's worth 200,000 Rupees there and would undoubtebly be caught again. In Australia I hear they are as common as we have crows and eagles in Pakistan.

But my plans to move are on hold, so thats not good for Koko.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
              You guys got sulphur crested cockatoos in NZ too?
              Yeah we do, they were introduced in the early 1900's and breed in the wild. There's also reports that some have made it over hear from Australia under their own steam during storms

Leibniz

Comment

Use this instead....

http://www.wikimapia.org/

this is where I live....

http://wikimapia.org/s/#y=49288516&x=-123126816&z=18
                Last edited by Jay; 12 Jul 06,, 01:37.
                A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Yeah, tried it last fall at school. Spent 3 hours on it, saw everything, never used it again. ;) Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, my house is in the boonies, so all you can see is a big green pixel about a mile on a side. Nobody cares about us hillbillies.
                  I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Cool.

Here's a Tomcat and an A-6 sitting on the pad at Boeing Field.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#y=47518918...4&z=19&l=0&m=a

The images are not current, these two planes are in a different spot today.
                    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea
                      The images are not current, these two planes are in a different spot today.
                      Yeah, some are pretty old. A friend of mine showed me his house, with a car in the driveway. He told me he'd wrecked that car a couple of years ago.
                      I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Mt. St. Helens looks pretty cool.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#y=46212150...5&z=11&l=0&m=a
                        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

You can find part of the pacific fleet sitting in Pearl Harbor and San Diego Harbor.
                          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                          X