Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG
    replied
    The movie is not going to shake anyone's faith. The novel might.

Leave a comment:

• Wraith601
    replied
    Originally posted by Gun Grape
    But I have yet to see a movie that was as good as the book it was based on.
    Hunt for Red October was pretty good, the only Clancy book that wasn't absolutely raped when it was made into a movie.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by percentage_plyr
    maybe GODFATHER2 was a good try though.
    Except that Godfather 2 only incorporated a single chapter from the original book. (Young Vito)

The rest of Godfather 2 was an original screenplay. ;)

Leave a comment:

• The Chap
    replied
    step

Originally posted by Neo
    Just saw the movie, its brilliant!
    If even the longest journey starts with a single step;

An initial trip may augue poorly.

Leave a comment:

• Neo
    replied
    Just saw the movie, its brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• leib10
    replied
    Originally posted by RustyBattleship
    You people DO realize however that back in 1993 the guy who wrote the book denied it to be a hoax BUT admitted it really was ALL FICTION.
    And that's what some people just can't seem to get straight. Oh well, let them waste their time chasing truth when all they'll find is fiction.

Leave a comment:

• sappersgt
    replied
    Originally posted by percentage_plyr
    totally agree.

Gorky Park. The dialogue is verbatim from the book.

I saw the DaVinci Code yesterday. It was entertaining. I was already familiar with the subject matter (and Dan Brown) so no surprises there. There was one scene I was surprised at as it was based on a true story.

Leave a comment:

• percentage_plyr
    replied
    Originally posted by Gun Grape
    But I have yet to see a movie that was as good as the book it was based on.
    totally agree.

Leave a comment:

• RustyBattleship
    replied
    You people DO realize however that back in 1993 the guy who wrote the book denied it to be a hoax BUT admitted it really was ALL FICTION.

Leave a comment:

• gunnut
    replied
    I never read the book. Saw the movie. It was entertaining. It's like a darker version of National Treasure without the feel good part.

I'm not a Christian but I do think there's an anti-church movement on the left. That being said, I think Ron Howard did a good job to inject skepticism about Dan Brown's sketpicism about the church by questioning all the supposed "facts" cited in the book.

It's entertainment. Nothing more. If there's more like what Dan Brown claimed in the book, then he needs to offer some more concrete proofs.

Leave a comment:

• Archer
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris
    I saw the 'The Da Vinci Code' last week not knowing what to expect having not read the book and having seen reviews ranging from the best film ever to the worst film ever made.

I personally thought the film wasn't that bad but have heard from friends who have read the book it was a big let down by comparison.

Clearly there has been a lot of political debate, media hype and controversy surrounding the book and subsequent film. A lot of the story line is debatable but what does everyone here who has either read the book, seen the movie or both think?

- Chris
    The actress is hot.

Leave a comment:

• platinum786
    replied
    I was going to see it, but it looks boring, the negative reviews put me off too, watch X-men 3, the best movie ever (after lord of the rings all of them....)....

Leave a comment:

• T-bone
    replied
    It made me fall asleep.

Leave a comment:

• leib10
    replied
    Well if that's the limit of your exposure to Christianity, forgive me for saying that you're missing out. ;)

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    I saw the movie the other night.

Much adieu about nothing IMO, but then, i am not a christian. After seeing that movie, i am quite certain i got at least that much right in life, lolol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X