X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RustyBattleship
    replied
    Originally posted by gunnut
    Years ago I saw an exhibit of Star Wars toys at my school. This was to coincide with the re-release Episode 4 in 1997. Among all the action figures, there was an unopened George Lucas in his director outfit with a beard. I have never seen it before or since. I haven't even heard of such an item ever existed.
    Yes it did, but only for that year. The info I got about Lucas in a Storm Trooper uniform was in the newspaper and it mentioned that earlier figure. Lucas said he was pleased that they put his likeness in a Storm Trooper "disguise" just as Luke Skywalker and Han Solo disguised themselves as Storm Troopers to rescue the Princess.

Leave a comment:

• gunnut
    replied
    Originally posted by RustyBattleship
    On top of that, there is a new George Lucas "doll"/"action figure" coming out with him as a Storm Trooper no less.
    Years ago I saw an exhibit of Star Wars toys at my school. This was to coincide with the re-release Episode 4 in 1997. Among all the action figures, there was an unopened George Lucas in his director outfit with a beard. I have never seen it before or since. I haven't even heard of such an item ever existed.

Leave a comment:

• dalem
    replied
    Originally posted by parihaka
    Wow. That is some nice modelling you've done there Dale
    Thanks.

-dale

Leave a comment:

• Parihaka
    replied
    Originally posted by dalem
    I buy 'em all. I am a bit of a SW geek but I resolved a few years ago to not take it any more seriously than Georgie does.

If you like X-wings and Y-wings, here're mine:

Y-wing 1/48 scale.

X-wing 1/48 scale.

-dale
    Wow. That is some nice modelling you've done there Dale

Leave a comment:

• RustyBattleship
    replied
    On top of that, there is a new George Lucas "doll"/"action figure" coming out with him as a Storm Trooper no less.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
    How much more money is he going to milk off those 3 films?
    Originally posted by Blademaster
    As long there are suckers born every second!
    Truer words were never spoken.

Lucas finally caught on that he had yet another cash cow in the barn after years of Star Wars fans pointing it out for him.

Leave a comment:

• dalem
    replied
    I buy 'em all. I am a bit of a SW geek but I resolved a few years ago to not take it any more seriously than Georgie does.

If you like X-wings and Y-wings, here're mine:

Y-wing 1/48 scale.

X-wing 1/48 scale.

-dale

Leave a comment:

• gunnut
    replied
    I can think of a few more ways...

I didn't buy the DVD release because I heard about the alterations. Actually, I did buy it, but gave it away as Christmas present. I bought it for myself, but it became a handy gift.

There are a lot of people who didn't buy the DVD release of Star Wars because they didn't like the changes. Of course there are a lot of people who will want to own every single version of Star Wars ever produced. So yeah, as long as there are suckers born every second.

Leave a comment:

• Blademaster
    replied
    As long there are suckers born every second!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Lunatock
    That one had gone right by me since since seeing it in theatres in the early eighties...pervert!
    *shrug* I didn't know a thing about it until, yes....I READ IT ON THE INTERNET.

Leave a comment:

• Lunatock
    replied
    Originally posted by TopHatter
    I wonder if they'll edit out (I wouldn't put it past Lucas) Oola falling out of her net-string bikini when she gets dumped into the Rancor pit?
    That one had gone right by me since since seeing it in theatres in the early eighties...pervert!

Leave a comment:

• Parihaka
    replied
    I wonder if they'll edit out (I wouldn't put it past Lucas) Oola falling out of her net-string bikini when she gets dumped into the Rancor pit?
    Ohhh, I'd forgotten, even being snot coloured didn't mar that one ;)

Leave a comment:

• gunnut
    replied
    Hmmm...I may have to dig out my old copy of Return of the Jedi to compare.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by parihaka
    As long as I get to see Princess Leia in her bikini in full digital remastered imagery I'm happy :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X